D500 Nef files to download

Moab Man

Looking through the photos. Have some playing to do with the files, but with the full frame iso capability I'm seeing in this crops sensor there will most definitely be one in my future down the road. Going to give it some time to see how it does once it hits the street.

Danno

I just looked at the 6400 files from the D7200 and the D500 just to give it a look. I ran them both through Define 2. The D7200 file cleaned up nicely, not perfect, but as I expected. I saw no change in the D500 file. If anyone else is playing with these and could give that a look I would appreciate it. Could have been a short between the keyboard and the chair, but I tried it twice.

J-see

I loaded and saved two portions; the D750 and D500 at 6400 ISO without any adjustment.

750_BR_6400.jpg

500-BR-6400.jpg

They're not ideal shots to compare since there's little diversity and not all shots are 100% identical.

BackdoorArts

Was excited to see these shots, but I was one version down on LR and PS CC. So I upgraded (I'd been avoiding it) and now I'm getting a file permission issue when I go to start LR. How is it that Adobe can't do a release without buggering things?!

(more later)

BackdoorArts

Maybe it's just that Adobe made me cranky as hell already, but god I'd love to see comparison photos where the lighting in all of them is 100% consistent and all the settings (including WB) are exactly the same. It's really, really not hard to do if you organize.

(more later)

BackdoorArts

SMH as I look through shots done in changing light in Aperture Priority and Auto WB. The only conclusions I can draw from this is:
1. The person shooting these obviously wasn't thinking.
2. While I can draw no real conclusions, I'm satisfied that I chose to go with the D500 instead of a D7200 refurb.