My wife and her D5300

canuck257

IVA_9868.jpg

A couple of her pictures.

DSC_9044.jpg

DSC_9113.jpg

Fortkentdad

Lovely

Sharing our hobby and passion with our partners is a great thing.

Also makes trips to the camera store more enjoyable. Even if you have to share the financial resources.

I've been encouraging me wife to make our D5100 'her camera' and she is slowly getting into it. Still prefers "auto-everything" but I'm patient. She prefers the size and weight of the smaller camera, her favourite lens is the DX 35mm - it is small and simple. She is a KISS kinda person.

Been thinking of upgrading to a D7100 so she can make use of all our non motorized lenses. But afraid the increased sized of the camera will put her off.

canuck257

I tried Liz with the D7100 but she found it physically too big for comfort. The D5300 and the 18-200 lens are "her" combination though occasionally she will use the 70-300.

Fortkentdad

I tried Liz with the D7100 but she found it physically too big for comfort. The D5300 and the 18-200 lens are "her" combination though occasionally she will use the 70-300.

I think I would want my wife to handle the D7X00 before buying one. No point buying a body she would not like to 'man' handle. And she does not suffer from same 'lens' lust I do wanting to try different lenses and see what they can do - she's quite content with the trio she uses now - the 18-55, 55-300 and her fav the 35mm prime. Covers a nice range, fits into her Nikon bag and she knows them.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
I think I would want my wife to handle the D7X00 before buying one. No point buying a body she would not like

You just don't have things right in this idea. I try to buy things for my wife that I know she will not like (but I will like) so that I will end up with it. Ha! I can still say to her that I really wanted to get you something. I'm sorry you didn't like it. Ha!!