Getting capture nx2 to work with the d810

Has anyone had any luck modifying the metadata of the D810 files so that Capture NX2 will work with them?
I've heard rumors that it might be possible to make the D810 files look like D800 files.

480sparky

Have you tried an EXIF editor where you can copy the data from one image file and paste it onto anothers? So if you had a D800 file, you load that image into the editor, copy it, then load the D810 file and paste the D800 data over it, then save it.

Have you tried an EXIF editor where you can copy the data from one image file and paste it onto anothers? So if you had a D800 file, you load that image into the editor, copy it, then load the D810 file and paste the D800 data over it, then save it.

No, I haven't purchased my D810 yet. But, I'm thinking about it and I would like to use Capture NX2 with my D810. I understand that it only supports up to the D800.

I did look at one metadata editor and it looks like you might be able to change all the references to the D810 to D800 and it might work fine. At least I've heard rumors that a work-around like that can be achieved. One guy on the net has a software program that claims to be able to fool CNX2
somehow also.

I'm wondering if any D810 owner's have investigated this?

480sparky

The only way I'd be interested in any sort of fix would be if one could batch process a whole passel of files. Doing it one at a time would be far too time consuming.

The only way I'd be interested in any sort of fix would be if one could batch process a whole passel of files. Doing it one at a time would be far too time consuming.

I think this one will and it's free. Free Exif Editor - Edit, Create, and View Metadata (EXIF, EXIF GPS, IPTC, and XMP) with Exif Pilot

The batch plug-in is not free though, apparently.

But, I don't know if or which modifications to the meta-data will do the job of tricking CNX2.

I wonder if anyone has tried this workaround yet?
http://www.bagnon.com/raw2nef/index.html

Last edited: