Weekly Challenge Sept. 7-14: Transition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browncoat

Cape_Good_Hope.jpg

Transition
Weekly Challenge September 7-14

The winner of the previous challenge was ohkphoto. She issued this challenge and will be judging the entries. Good luck everyone!

Transition is defined as “passage from one state, stage, subject, or place to another” , it’s that intangible place, not always visible, where something ends and something else begins. Your challenge is to create a photograph that depicts or represents “transition.” Be as concrete, abstract or ethereal as you like. The criteria I’ll be using to select the winner are impact 50%, creativity 30%, and technical excellence 20%.

Have fun!

Be sure to visit the Weekly Challenge Rules & Guidelines for more information. This thread will be closed on September 14th...so get those photos in!

The Rules

1. Photos must be posted to the thread in order to be considered for the challenge.
  2. Any photo submitted for a weekly challenge must be taken during the dates specified in the challenge thread and taken by you! Because not all EXIF data can be verified, we will use the honor system here.
  3. Challenges will be judged solely by the winner of the previous week. There will be no individual voting.
  4. Only one photo entry per member, for each challenge.

There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Weekly Challenge, unless specifically noted by the site administrator. This is a member-run contest, and the purpose of the Weekly Challenge is to encourage member participation on the forums and to keep you taking pictures!

Any photo will be accepted for the challenge. Edited/straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the challenge subject.

Dave Hamilton

Can I take a picture of myself? Today I went back to work for the first time since my open heart surgery. It is kind of my transition back into the real world.

Kim20

I was at the golf course, waiting for my tee time, and thinking of what I could come up with for this challenge, when I looked to my right, and saw this!!!
_DSC0216-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Hard to tell where one ends, and the next begins!!!

AxeMan - Rick S.

For those of you who are keeping score, the Weekly Photo Challenge is one year old today. Thank you to all the moderators who keep this challenge going.

Kim20

For those of you who are keeping score, the Weekly Photo Challenge is one year old today. Thank you to all the moderators who keep this challenge going.

Happy Birthday to the challenge!!! I had no idea, and it is nice to have those that work so hard to keep it going, Thanks all! :)

Rick M

DSC_0021_714.jpg

It's getting really deep!

Taken at Green lakes sate park, I believe the depth and minerals create the green hue. It's a very small lake which drops sharply to 195 feet.

Last edited:

Kim20

View attachment 5403

It's getting really deep!

Taken at Green lakes sate park, I believe the depth and minerals create the green hue. It's a very small lake which drops sharply to 195 feet.
WOW! Amazing colors, I love the purple/pink flowers at the base of the tree, and the color of the water as it gets deeper. Absolutely beautiful place and photo!!

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Took this one from my hotel balcony this morning in San Diego.

EXIF: D300, 70-300 VR @ 75mm, 1/320s, f/9.0, ISO 200

Land to Sea.jpg

Bulldog

I want to submit an entry but I don't know how to post a photo on here. I've asked for help in a couple of other threads but I still don't have an answer. The problem is that when I click on the "Insert Image" icon, I only get the "Enter URL" option. Why can't I upload directly from my computer? Also, I need to know what size I should make the image so that it is not too small nor too big for display here. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.