1 from a prewedding 'love' shoot

kevy73

I offer free 'love' shoots with bookings over 8 hrs... we go out and have some fun and I get to see how they are in front of a camera too...

Here is one from a recent shoot.

Location was Bells Rapids. During winter this is a white water rafting area with big rapids... we are essentially stood on the river floor here.

DSC_3516-X2.jpg

Bill16

I love your choice of locations and those clouds set it off nicely too! Great composition buddy, though I think the girl was feeling a bit uncomfortable!lol If I were to guess, I would say she was worried her man would embarrass her during the shoot!lol :D

I really admire your work my friend! You put it all together great! Way to go!:D

kevy73

Thanks Bill, they were BOTH really really stiff in front of the camera - they relaxed a bit by the end of the shoot, but these were one of the hardest couples I have had to shoot... But yeah, the location was awesome!

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Great image, Kevin. The clouds are terrific and really add contrast to the rocky bottom of the river. :)

Since I love landscape photography, I have a question about that location. You mentioned standing on the river floor. Is the lack of water normal for this time of year, or is that area experiencing a drought?

kevy73

yeah it is pretty normal Cindy - the river gets flooded with the winter rains - they do an event called the Avon Descent through here - you can google Avon Descent Bells Rapids to see what it is like after the winter rains. Every year it dries out.

Some years there isn't enough water in it for the Avon Descent and the paddlers and motor boat crews need to get out and drag their boats over the rocks...