A sunset and a veil..

kevy73

DSC_1053-X3.jpg

kevy73

Thanks, there is actually what I consider to be a bucket load wrong with this image, but it just happened in front of me and I did my best to 'react'...

These was the image I was planning on getting:
DSC_1060-X3.jpg

But the wind was blowing a gale and in the process of getting everything into place for the shot, she was standing looking out at the sunset when a gust did this... I was just lucky I was looking up as I saw it start and managed to snap off a shot.

Right place, right time, kinda right settings... if I could do it again, I would up the ISO and shutter speed to freeze the veil more, I may have even turned the flash down 1/3 of a stop just to balance it with the ambient a bit better. The edges of it seem a little soft and blurry, but hey - she was stoked with it and if I don't look too closely, I am too! :)

Thanks all for your kind words! :)

Last edited:

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
The first image: WOWZER!!! :) By the way, I love water shots...looks like an awesome place for images!

May I ask how you got into wedding photography? Is that what you shoot most?

kevy73

Howdy Hark, my Dad always had camera's lying around - he also used to process his own film, so playing with camera's was just a normal thing. Straight out of highschool (I was class of 1990) I started seeing a girl who worked at a Kodak shop. She was massively into camera's. It was through her that I did my first wedding - her friend was getting married, she was doing the pics, I tagged along. The bride chose mainly my images from the proof album for prints... we did a few more weddings together and the same thing every time... the girl I was seeing cracked the shits with me because she had studied photography properly and I hadn't... but people preferred my images... the rest is history. We split up, I kept shooting the odd wedding... but it was just a hobby.... but over the years it turned into a monster....

I gave it up for a while around 2000. Digital camera's were the new 'thing' and I hated them. I refused to buy one. People stopped wanted film at their wedding so I started getting quiet, so I chucked it in.... but in around 2008 I capitulated and bought me a couple of bodies and updated some len's and off I started again. And here I am today...