Amazon 0% finance on camera

Elliot87

Good deal or not??

So I was just looking at the Nikkor 200-500mm on Amazon UK and noticed that they offer 0% finance on qualifying orders on selected items.
Now it states "cameras" as selected items but I think that may also include lenses, I'd need to check.

0% is 24 months for orders over £999.99 and 12 months on orders over £399.99
Details here https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/cobrand...&plattr=PAYMONHQP_0&pr=giluk&ref_=PAYMONHQP_0

Now if this is applicable on the 200-500mm, which I think it is as it is advertised on its listing, at the current price of £1,179.00 it equates to £49.13 if my math is right.
As a comparison the lens is the same price at Jessops but on finance would cost an extra £190 over 24 months. So on the face of it the Amazon 0% finance becomes quite a good deal.

There are however 2 things holding me back, 1st is I'm not convinced this lens from Amazon will not be a grey/gray import. I know that at least some of the cameras and lenses they sell are grey imports so won't get the extended Nikon warranty.
If they are in fact grey imports it's not such a good deal as I can buy the same lens for less than £900 with a 3 year UK warranty.

Is there any way I can check if its a grey import prior to ordering? And if I do have any problems with the lens, ie not a sharp copy I wonder where I stand with returning a non UK lens?