Which head do you have?

Borga Voffe

I have a M 496 R2 (compact ball) Very satisfied!
Not that happy with my 30 year old M 055c tripod, big bulky heavy :-(

Now, I am hauling my d7200 with T 12-28, Nikkors 40 and 105 micros, the lovely zooms 18-135 and 70-300
in that very nice blue LPro Flipside Sport 15AW.
ALso a thermos and food for a days walk :)

Looking for a field sized, easy to carry, light-ish tripod. Kind of landed on that nice 190 Go! the alumin model the least expensive model.

Or not? Maybe I should loose my head, live on a diet for the next year, buy a Gitzo GT 2541??

singlerosa_RIP

I picked up a 190CXPro4 few years back and it's done OK for me. I don't do a lot of work requiring a tripod, so I'm not ready to drop a grand on legs (yet). I have a Benro B2 ball head and a Wimberley gimbal that I use on it. Guess that the aluminum version would do just fine, unless you want to spend more $$$.

Bill16

I can't tell ya which choice to make, but I have that Gitzo tripod and it is awesome I have to say. I haven't packed it around much, so I can't say much about the weight of it.:)

skene

I use this on my Manfrotto monopod Adorama's 3pod h2 ball head... pretty sturdy and light to carry around. Holds up to 25 lbs (per rated load), but normally I would have that on my 70-200/D300s w grip.

MaxBlake

Is just picked up a Manfrotto tripod with a 3-Way Pan/Tilt Head with retractable levers that can be extended. According to the literature, two knobs control the friction for the front-to-back and side-to-side tilt, allowing fine-tuning of the movements based on the weight of the gear you are using. Three leveling bubbles ensure your composition is level on all axes.

So far, pretty good.

Horoscope Fish

I've seen a number of 3-Pod H2's come through the department and from what I've seen, it's one hell of a ballhead; the fact it costs $70 is shocking to me. I have an AirHed II that cost a lot more but if I was actually shopping for a new ballhead, the 3-Pod, H-1 or H-2, would be very high on my list.