D7200 Update

bandit993

I have noticed that there have been no firmware updates for the D7200. This is not a bad thing but just wondering, is the camera that perfect? I mean most other models have had at least one update. Or did Nikon say "we are not admitting to mistakes with the D7200"? I find mine works good. Has anyone noticed anything that you think Nikon should have fixed? Just wondering.

06Honda

I use to own a Nikon D50 before getting the d7200 and it never had an update, so no needing an update is likely a good thing.

bandit993

I figured that it is a good thing. We D7200 owners are lucky. Most other models have had updates. I wonder if the D50 and D5 will be as lucky.

MaxBlake

This seems like one of those "If it ain't broke ..." lines. But here's a confession: I was unaware that firmware updates were available for any cameras, from Nikon or anyone else. My first digital was a Nikon D70, which I used faithfully until this past year, and I never knew to even check for an update. I wonder now whether I was missing out on something that might have prevented me from updating?

So how and where do you go to check for firmware updates for a particular model? Thanks.

bandit993

I have heard rumors that Sigma lenses might not work after the update is applied. Not nice of Nikon to pull a stunt like that. Unless they would reduce their prices to match Sigma's prices..

kd7eir

I have heard rumors that Sigma lenses might not work after the update is applied. Not nice of Nikon to pull a stunt like that. Unless they would reduce their prices to match Sigma's prices..

My Sigma 18-250mm f3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM works perfectly after the Firmware and Lens Correction updates.