hello from californ, I mean florida

Johnathan Aulabaugh

Never did write one of these up so I supposed better late than never.
I am from northern california but am living in central florida right now. I bought my first SLR 10 years ago. After that, affordable DSLR's hit the market and I bought a Canon that lasted 2 years before things started to go wrong. Neat-less to say I jumped ship and bought a Nikon and a cpl lenses.
I had originally bought the SLR to take portraits of my former wife and while today I still enjoy working with people, I quickly realized that my outdoor experience draws me further and further away from portraiture. I no longer accept wedding gigs and rarely work with models. Of course that all goes out the door with my daughter. she is a little ham that loves the camera and loves to see all the pictures I take.
Today, I spend much of my time shooting wildlife or landscapes, and I am always looking for new techniques to improve my knowledge as well as pass on to others.

Johnathan Aulabaugh

Not exactly Wine country. Vina is a small town in Tehama county near Chico. Although it is not exactly wine country, we do have a very extensive history in wine. At one time Vina was the biggest winery in the country. only in the last few years has the monastery that owns the property started to raise grapes for wine again.