EasyCover, any good???

Borga Voffe

easyCover Silicone Protection Cover for Nikon D7100, D7200 (Yellow) B&H # EAECND7100Y MFR # ECND7100Y

Just a trick or usefull in my Norwegian Mountains?? horse.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
I have them in black for my bodies. Initially they took some getting used to, but now I prefer having them. The early model for the D90 isn't too great, but they've modified how they fit the newer bodies.

There is a piece that slides into the accessory shoe. The silicone piece that fits there tends to come out easily, but I've gotten used to the fact that it happens. The surface of the cover gives me something to grip when I hold the body. Putting on a quick release plate can be problematic. The silicone wraps around the bottom of the body a little although it easily slides out of the way when using the quick release plate. However, if you use a grip, it isn't going to work.

The top and rear of the camera are still exposed to the elements so the cover really only offers rain protection over the black part of the body (which doesn't particularly need it).

MaxBlake

I've got the yellow model on my D7200 right now and appreciate the protection that it provides. I do a lot of outdoor photography and on the trails a great deal. I agree with hark's assessment: It is better for bumps and whatnot than it is for complete rain protection. But I'm already more than satisfied. At $30, it's inexpensive insurance.