shooting stills under full moon light

Can you pl. suggest me the setting for shooting stills under full moon light? I am planing to take a trip to Mount Kailash soon on a Full moon day. I do have a D810 but not able to figure it out for a shot under moon light. You think you can help me?

Danno

Re: D810, how to turn off the crop mode button? (Red button)

First welcome to the forum. This is a good place. You ought to take the time to go and fill out your profile tell us a bit about yourself and your equipment.

I do not know the 810, but I know, but I tend to take my moon shots hand held and set at 100 ISO and in the neighborhood of 400 Shutter and f8, but it varies. There is a thread that focuses on this topic that might help. http://nikonites.com/low-light-and-night/2361-moon-shots.html?highlight=moon+shots#axzz44Hi4dc17

You can mover your mouse over the bottom left corner and review settings. Hope this helps.

D200freak

Crank up the ISO to 6400 or more, use a tripod, open up the aperture all the way, and experiment with shutter speeds until you start to like what you see.

I find that night photos taken with a long enough exposure that the photos take on a daylight-ish quality to them are always very interesting. You may see a blue sky but it's full of stars, and nothing looks like you really expect it to. A very cool effect.