Walking in the snow - uncovered?

Borga Voffe

AKR_0191voff.jpg
This is Norway today. It was raining, when we got up in the mountains, it was snowing. As usual :)

Just wondering, how is this weather sealing in these shiny modern Nikons. Should I worry, do I need to put in my bag all the time?

The D7200 is supposed to be weather sealed. I have the D7100 and the D750 and they are supposed to be weather sealed also. I am guessing they are pretty good BUT I generally try not to get mine soaked. The occasional sprinkle trying to get out of the rain does not bother me but I still don't like to get them really wet. Better safe than sorry. Also I think the lens is really the weak point.

Last edited:

Ruidoso Bill

View attachment 204072
This is Norway today. It was raining, when we got up in the mountains, it was snowing. As usual :)

Just wondering, how is this weather sealing in these shiny modern Nikons. Should I worry, do I need to put in my bag all the time?
I have never had an issue with nikon bodies. I have used them in winter eastern Europe, never had a glitch, if I did I would move on. I stay with what has worked in the past as an indicator of what will reliable work in the future. I should several thousand shots a week and remain nikon.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MaxBlake

I spend time along the Oregon coast, where it frequently rains, and I'm always careful with the camera and lens, keeping it covered and out of the elements when it's not in use. Seems like common sense to me, despite Nikon's boast of being fully sealed.

But then, I'd keep that beautiful Huskie covered in some manner as well. :)