Disable touchscreen?

D12345678

Simple question, can the touch function on the screen be switched off completely so it just functions as a normal 'non touch' screen?

Fred Kingston

Enabling or Disabling Touch Controls
Touch controls can be enabled or disabled using the Touch controlsoption in the setup menu (0 276). Select Enable to enable touchcontrols for shooting, playback, and menu navigation or Playbackonly to enable touch controls for playback only.

The above is cut from page 17 of the D5500 Reference manual... You can download the entire manual from the Nikon web site

D12345678

The above is cut from page 17 of the D5500 Reference manual... You can download the entire manual from the Nikon web site

Thanks for that. So it seems like it can at least be set for playback only, which isn't a bad thing. Still doesn't sound like it can be disabled entirely though. I'll try to locate a local store and see if they have a display model I can take a closer look at.

Fred Kingston

If you don't want touchscreen...buy the D5300... and don't waste the money for something that you don't want... There are plenty of reviews of those cameras, and the only significant difference is the touchscreen

D12345678

If you don't want touchscreen...buy the D5300... and don't waste the money for something that you don't want... There are plenty of reviews of those cameras, and the only significant difference is the touchscreen

Yeah, originally thinking of the 5300 but they are harder to find in stores here in Australia with the full Nikon warranty and also the 5500 is a touch smaller which is good. Thanks for the help.

D12345678

Got my D5500 yesterday, modified settings to suit (disabling touchscreen as well) and tried it out today. Extremely impressed with this little gem!