Keep getting bad results in video with Nikon D7100

devnulll

Hi guys!

I've been doing photography ever since I was at university and one of my favorite courses was photography and at the time I could only afford a Nikon D40x witch served my photography need as a hobby for many years.
Well lately I have started to work on a few projects witch I'm really invested in and it turned out that I had to produce some video. Well since mine Nikon didn't have this capability I tried using my mobile phone but got a really bad result and then moved on trying to use my girlfriends Canon D650 for the video and I was happy with the result but then finally decided that it might be time for me to change my camera after almost 10 years. Since I already had some Nikon lenses it made sense to buy a Nikon witch I also love more than when I tried using the Canon.

So one of my exes had a Nikon D7000 and I was able to play around with the video and it was great. Anyway a friend of mine let me try out his D7200 and the video after a couple of hours of playing with it was great. So with the really limited budget that I had I decided on a D7100.

Anyway after receiving it and playing around it was great. As far as photography goes I have no problem and even the first playing around with the video was also fantastic. The image was clear and no noise or acceptable at the higher ISO values.

Now here is my problem:

Since I now have this for my current situation expensive new peace of equipment I set on doing a little more complex project.

Now the problem is in order to get the resulting video needed I tried playing around with the setting and ended up figure that I would need to use a FLAT color profile for making the shoots in order to be able to post process the video footage.

While I was shooting at really low ISOs (100, 160, etc.) everything was fairly good but as soon as I got to the complected shoots like shooting in half light or day and then a shadow or any kind of evening shoot where I had to raise the ISO and then I started noticing some really bad noise and banding in the footage. And this is whenever I use the FLAT profile if I use the Vivid or Natural it's a little better.

But I have no idea why I keep getting this noise because the ISO isn't that high almost never higher than 2000 when I was testing (I'm adding some examples).

I don't know could it be the update of the firmware I did from 1.01 to 1.03 or some setting that I missed or should I just use the Standard color profile and abandon the flat but that would mean rising the ISO even more and here we go again.

Any help or advice is appreciated since I need to figure out some sort of solution and unfortunately changing hardware isn't an option.

Thanks and best regards.

Some still shots taken from video footage showing what the problem is.
BandingNoise01.jpgBandingNoise02.jpgBandingNoise03.jpgBandingNoise04.jpg