D7200 wifi to WMU iphone

Cabby

Greetings~

I am new to Nikonites forum (will post intro later). I've searched the forum for help with connecting my new D7200 to the WMU utility in my iphone, but didn't find anything that helps.

I recently bought a new Nikon (D7200) with WiFi. I've followed the manual directions for linking the camera to the iphone using the WMU app, but my camera remains in a "waiting for connection" mode.

During camera set-up, when I set the Network Settings by selecting the SSID for my camera, it doesn't seem to connect. The Network Settings menu remains with the double hyphens (--) rather than showing the camera SSID.

I appreciate any suggestions.

I have the D750 and a Coolpix S9900 that both have WiFi and have never had to do anything to get them to connect other than turn the WiFi on in the camera and then go to the phone settings and select the Nikon Wifi connection. Then go to the Nikon WMU app and go from there. I use it to download photos to the phone for sharing to Facebook or TEXTING and also for remote shooting of the camera.

Danno

I have a D7200 but I have a droid. I don't have an issue... I am sorry. I do have to tell the phone to disconnect if it is connected to another wifi signal but that is about it. Sorry I cannot be more help.

brads

I just checked my D7200 with my iPhone 6S+. I don't remember the setup but I do remember being a little confused by a couple of things. Firstly, I had to turn ON WiFi in the camera every time I wanted to use it in the camera, secondly I had to go into the WiFi settings of the iPhone and look for the Nikon SSID in the list of available networks (camera must be on). With the camera turned on and the WMU app running, everything then worked smoothly. I could look at photos already taken and I could use the iPhone for triggering the camera. Not sure what the range is? I use my Infared remote a lot but who knows which is better/easier?
2016-03-23_07-22-46.jpeg