No memory card....then no memory card again...

mrbob

i just bought a new d7000 3,.. then in first running that camera.. i put the sandisk memory card..then format it...then i shoot picture for 3 to 5 ..after that i cannot shoot.. the meter shown "NO MEMORY CARD"..then i pull out the memory card..n put it again.. it's ok.. then shoot 3 to 5 picture it's happen again.. i dont know iit happen from camera or SD card... please!! if anybody have answer!! it is posible or not if the problem comes from camera??? beacause i just bought couple's day..

Joseph Bautsch

Before blaming the camera lets get past a defective SD card and/or dirty contacts. This kind of problem, erratic operation, indicates the card is not making good contact. First change cards. If it's still doing the same thing than use some lens cleaner and a soft cotton cloth and clean the contacts on the card. Plug the card back in and reformat. You may have to go through this process several times if the problem is on the camera contacts. Plugging in and out of the card with a cleaning in-between should also clean off the camera contacts as well. (It's important to reformat the card each time. Dirty contacts can affect how the card is formatted which in turn can cause erratic operation). Hope this helps.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I've read on another forum about some counterfeit memory cards that could cause problems similar to this. What brand of card is it and where was it bought. Deals that look too good to be true sometimes are just that.

Carolina Photo Guy

I am constantly amazed at the number of people that will spend $1500.00 on a DSLR and $20.00 on a no name memory card.

And to top it off, they never seem to understand that the card is usually the problem.

You NEVER see a Yugo with premium gas in it and you almost NEVER see a Rolls Royce re-fueling at Wal-Mart.

Just think about it. :)

FoxRacer2

Well he did say a sandisk memory card.....those are legit memory cards...?

Try a different card. Or clean the contact points

fotojack

Another thing people forget to do is TURN THE CAMERA OFF before removing/installing memory cards! TURN THE CAMERA OFF before removing/replacing batteries. I can't tell you how many times I see new camera owners forget to do this, and complain about memory card problems and battery problems.