Not open for further replies.

ohkphoto

Snow White
[FONT=&quot]Birds[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Weekly Challenge: Aug. 31 – Sept. 7
[/FONT]

Loons.JPG

[FONT=&quot]
Vermonster was the winner of the "Dawn or Dusk" Weekly Challenge and issued the following challenge:.

Your challenge for the Week of [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Aug. 31 – Sept. 7 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]is Birds: [/FONT]Subject matter for this challenge should be simple for everyone regardless of your locale; however, I will be looking for that “different perspective” when judging the entries. So happy birding everyone!
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Be sure to visit the Weekly Challenge Rules & Guidelines for more information. This thread will be closed on Sept. 7 (midnight EDT)...so get those photos in!

The Rules[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Photos must be posted to the thread in order to be considered for the challenge.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Any photo submitted for a weekly challenge must be taken during the dates specified in the challenge thread and taken by you![/FONT][FONT=&quot] Because not all [/FONT][FONT=&quot]EXIF[/FONT][FONT=&quot] data can be verified, we will use the honor system here.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Challenges will be judged solely by the winner of the previous week. There will be no individual voting.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Only one photo entry per member, for each challenge.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Weekly Challenge, unless specifically noted by the site administrator. This is a member-run contest, and the purpose of the Weekly Challenge is to encourage member participation on the forums and to keep you taking pictures!

Any photo will be accepted for the challenge. Edited/straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the challenge subject.
[/FONT]

AxeMan - Rick S.

He's probably going to give us "The Bird"

If there was a tastefully way of doing it I would, now THAT would be a different perspective. :p

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
NOT FOR THE CONTEST....

I'm a couple weeks late. Took this in Baltimore:
DSC_0959.jpg

fotojack

I get a million sparrows in my backyard every day. I'm sure they think this is their exclusive hangout. lol My wife feeds them and gives them fresh water daily......winter and summer. Maybe they feel at home here. :)
Here's one little guy that stopped by to quench his thirst on a cool, breezy September 1st.
View attachment 5256

Browncoat

boy do i need a bigger lens then 55-200. i was out this morning by the river and i couldnt get close enough.
Your lens is fine. Spend a lot less $$$ and get some camouflage.

The eyesight of a bird (much like in humans) is greatly attuned to movement. Walk quietly and slowly. Don't make large movements. When you find a good spot, stay there even if you scare the birds away. They will be back.

On another note, too bad this isn't nesting season. I'd offer a cash prize to anyone able to photograph a Canadian Goose at their nest...and lived to bring back a photo.

Last edited:

Carolina Photo Guy

My Favorite Bird.jpg

"My Favorite Bird"

This is an acrylic painting done by Hugh Hirtle. This is my favorite bird without gravy! :)

Sorry guys. No flippin' off shots. :(

Just-Clayton

hey pete you will like this one. i was sneaking up on a blue heron when our local eagle got spooked. do not judge this pic yet. i got a few different shots i got today to choose from.

Attachments

• DSC_8809 (640x397).jpg
    DSC_8809 (640x397).jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 361

Mike150

I get a million sparrows in my backyard every day. I'm sure they think this is their exclusive hangout. lol My wife feeds them and gives them fresh water daily......winter and summer. Maybe they feel at home here. :)
Here's one little guy that stopped by to quench his thirst on a cool, breezy September 1st.
View attachment 5256

Is any of them named Jack, and does he have a pirate ship?

Johnathan Aulabaugh

hahaha I did my birding last week lol :( I may get to go back out this week sometime. At least it wasn't horses or something, I am in florida and have not seen a horse since I left Idaho lol

Mis Adam

Jack, you (ok your wife) could always put a tiny ship and a tiny bottle of rum in the bird bath, he will come. you would be suprised what you can find at a craft store.

Bukitimah

312492_2291450056140_1545675495_2430722_4658837_n.jpg

I guess the experts are waiting for the others to submit before they send it theirs. Must the title 'bird' means the subject has to be real birds? I am planning to shoot birds after 7 Sept, so it will be too late. However, I would like to try another angle. See the judges are agreeable. This is Kite event held in Singapore between 3-4 Sept where participants from overseas also attend.

Mis Adam

I am so glad the challenge was birds, went up the canyon early this morning to try and get some eagle shots and what I got was Wild Turkeys, there was 10 ranging in a meadow by a tiny stream. Sadly I only managed to get 8 in one shot, the other two ran when I got out of the car in what felt like slow motion.

DSC_0015crp.jpg.DSC_0003crp.jpg

Mike150

I didn't know Turkey's had feathers... Only ones I've ever seen have Butterball written across them.

Status
Not open for further replies.