Had a chance to play with the D5 and D500 this week at WPPI...

skene

While I did not take any videos (there are plenty of them floating on youtube), I will have to say that both cameras feel amazing in hand. If you have ever shot with any of the predecessors you will not be disappointed at all. Button layouts are similar and accessible. AF testing based solely on hands on (not able use card) looks amazing and was quick to lock onto subjects.
So if you are looking to jump the gun on either camera.... I think you would be happy to have done so.

BackdoorArts

I'm all over a D500 once Adobe provides raw support. I figure that'll give it enough time for any bugs to shake out as well. Figuring mid-late summer.

hrstrat57

I'm all over a D500 once Adobe provides raw support. I figure that'll give it enough time for any bugs to shake out as well. Figuring mid-late summer.

yep, solid plan.

I will be clearing off Sony, Canon, Minolta and M42 gear to fund one myself!! Some redundant Nikon, Nikkor gear will go too as soon as I sort out which bits to keep!

skene

Scan 14.jpegScan 16.jpegScan 18.jpegScan 20.jpeg

singlerosa_RIP

I had a chance to shoot the D5 and D500 a few weeks back. Incredible high ISO capability, awesome fps, big buffers, etc. I'd get one of each if I needed new FX and DX and was flush with cash.