prints question

thequeenscheese

Ive just tried twice to upload and order a print from photo box and snap fish, but to my dismay they don't accept panoramas, i was expecting to be able to just make the picture length fit their canvas ratios longest edge leaving dead space top and bottom to be trimmed for framing, this was not the case lol, all their systems wanted to do was to make the picture height the fixed point cropping the image right out, i even tried re-sizing an image to match the 20" length but it still did the same thing.

anyone else suffered this?
i know i can make a canvas in ps to match their ratios and add my image to that re sizing it (altho i need to learn that process lo youtube after this post lol), but to me this such an obvious tool i expected to be available..

paul04

I just did a little search on google and found a few places that will print a panoramas at a price,

Another idea, is to split the picture into 3, like this picture I found on google.

TurtleFlight_20x60Trip21-600x420.jpg

BackdoorArts

i know i can make a canvas in ps to match their ratios and add my image to that re sizing it (altho i need to learn that process lo youtube after this post lol), but to me this such an obvious tool i expected to be available..

Not to be glib but why don't you just do that? It's such an easy step to take and you get exactly what you're expecting instead of assuming they can just do it for you?

It's a piece of cake to do. (Hint: Set the long end the way you want it and then use the Canvas Size function to expand it the other way.)

thequeenscheese

I do like that look of the split panos, this is just a test print I've ordered to see how it looks in a print and I ordered it big enough to use if it was ok, I was just surprised by the lack versatility considering what they do as a business, I'm sure there's a rule of thumb size for a pano but there very subjective on size in reality, you live and learn I suppose..

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
If you are looking at something 20" wide, why not go with 16"x20" and trim it? Walmart prints that size--I've used my local Walmart for posters as large as 24"x36" and they turned out perfect. Just resize your canvas to be 16"x20". Walmart has a cutter that trims. Most likely you should be able to find a printer that can do it. Staples and Office Max are other stores that will print larger sizes.

thequeenscheese

Yeah that's what I did I just made a white canvas to the correct size for them, it was just odd to me that a process that's available on a 6x4 wasn't on a panoramic in their systems..