Is there different version of the D750?

Chuck Roberts

I ordered a D750 via 42nd street photo. They called me after I ordered and told me that I had ordered the European version of the D750. They told me the US version was $500 more. So I opted over the phone for the D610. Is this true? Does the D750 come in two versions? From there site I can find only the 1 D750 for the price I tried to buy it for. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

PapaST

To me it sounds like they're referring to U.S. vs Import. My understanding is they're the same but the warranty is different. Buying an import when in the U.S. might actually make it more difficult if not impossible to get service. I'm not sure but that's what I'm thinking they're referring to.

Horoscope Fish

To me it sounds like they're referring to U.S. vs Import. My understanding is they're the same but the warranty is different. Buying an import when in the U.S. might actually make it more difficult if not impossible to get service. I'm not sure but that's what I'm thinking they're referring to.
Yup. ^^^

Dollars to donuts the less expensive version was the grey-market version (aka "Import"). The price break sounds about right for a grey-market D750 and yes, the price break is due to the fact that grey-market kit does not come with a Nikon warranty; with grey-market items warranty issues are handled by the retailer. I buy grey-market a LOT, personally, but some people want/need the assurance of Nikon's (so called) "warranty".

J-see

I don't know which Europe they ordered but here the prices are about the same if not more expensive than the USA.

BackdoorArts

I don't know which Europe they ordered but here the prices are about the same if not more expensive than the USA.

And I suspect that's for the same reason. In Europe the USA models would be "grey market" and come without the warranty for the same reasons. Regional retailers are supposed to sell products distributed by their regional division of Nikon, "Nikon Europe" over there and "Nikon USA" over here.

nickt

You might want to check with Nikon on purchasing a usa model camera from 42nd St Photo. They are not an authorized Nikon dealer. Lots of talk back and forth on the web as to whether Nikon will honor the warranty even if its a US model with warranty card. I honestly don't know for sure, but a number of folks say NO, so I suggest you check with Nikon. You switched models to avoid a grey import, but you might end up in the same situation with the d610 even with a warranty card. 42nd St Photo does not have a great reputation.