hdr panorama

thequeenscheese

ive been playing with stiching panoramas and im finding which ever program can cause merge lines

manc pannohdr99_569 as Smart Object-1.jpg
as you can see here, this is one pano made from middle shots taken in a 3 series bracket (5 shots for the pano x3 for the brackets)
At first i thought it was probably because i was trying to hdr them first, but Ive just tried to pano them to then hdr, and both the darker and normal exp outcome gave lines? any ideas?

Ive used both I.C.E and lightroom/photoshop with the same results is it a shooting error / post processing im getting wrong?

thanks

480sparky

You've got some serious vignetting going on in each frame. That's being interpreted by the stitching software as a difference in exposure and that's what's causing the banding.

You need to correct for vignetting before any other steps.

thequeenscheese

You've got some serious vignetting going on in each frame. That's being interpreted by the stitching software as a difference in exposure and that's what's causing the banding.

You need to correct for vignetting before any other steps.

thanks for replying, can that be batched in ps/lr?

thequeenscheese

Just spotted the "remove vignette" tick box in ps which hasn't helped the pre hdr'd images so now I'll try pre doing the panos with that selected then merge to HDR ..

paul04

Just looking at your picture of Manchester, I had to check the date, as I was there today and it was like the 4 seasons in one day, and you could not even see the top of the hilton hotel.

Hope you get your panoramas sorted.

thequeenscheese

Just looking at your picture of Manchester, I had to check the date, as I was there today and it was like the 4 seasons in one day, and you could not even see the top of the hilton hotel.

Hope you get your panoramas sorted.

ive been home all day and we've had the lot lol, ive sort of got it sorted, unlike most sites suggest it seems make panno then make hdr is the way if removing vignetting is needed, unless anyone has another option?

this is the new result anyway - very much test pics nothing ive spent time achieving in the first place..

minus v panno.jpg
edited in the new win 10 photo editor also - surprisingly good for mini adjustments..

paul04

I have just done a panorama edit with lightroom/photoshop and added a little bit of HDR.

Using 4 shots, all I did in lightroom was lens correction, then merged them(highlighted all 4 then merged as panorama)

Once done, I adjusted the colour, brightness and so on, then opened in photoshop to edit a couple of thing out of the shot, and added HDR with photoshop.

lens correction.jpg

February 28, 2016-0009.jpg

February 28, 2016-0010.jpg

February 28, 2016-0011.jpg

February 28, 2016-0012.jpg

February 28, 2016-0009-Pano-Edit.jpg