Would you buy any of these?

• Yes

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 25 89.3%

• Total voters

TieuNgao

The first 3 answers are a definite NO!
That's a surprise. No need for a good compact camera? Something along the line of Sony RX100 M4, Canon G5X, Panasonic LX100?
I already have the Coolpix A but I'm also interested in the DL18-50 f/1.8-2.8, or perhaps DL24-500 f/2.8-5.6 for birdies?

C. Hand

If I had several more lenses for my D7100 and cash to burn then I would pick one of them up. I had a L830 and it was a phenomenal point and shoot.

SHAkers718

That's a surprise. No need for a good compact camera? Something along the line of Sony RX100 M4, Canon G5X, Panasonic LX100?
I already have the Coolpix A but I'm also interested in the DL18-50 f/1.8-2.8, or perhaps DL24-500 f/2.8-5.6 for birdies?

I am interested in all of the cameras you mentioned above, particularly the Sony, for purposes of having something with me at all times. However, I'm not interested in paying for 4K video capabilities that I will never use. Maybe I should just plan on an iPhone 7 at some point.

singlerosa_RIP

I like the DL24-85. I use a Canon Powershot S90 (vintage 2010) when I don't want to lug a DSLR but want better photos than I can take with my iPhone. The DL24 can do everything my S90 can do, plus doubles the pixels and ISO sensitivity. Sometimes the Canon is restrictive because I'm used to shooting wider zooms. The Nikon would give me 24mm @ 1.8 where the S90 is f/2 @28mm. The Nikon also would give me a more familiar user interface and shoot 20 times faster. Anyway, for someone looking for a nice P&S, here it is. If my S90 breaks (I use it about 10 times per year) or I become too decrepit to lug 5-10 lbs of kit around, I'm getting something like this.

Blacktop

No need. If i want a low profile camera I'll just stick a 50mm 1.8D lens on the D750/D7100 and it's small and light. Anything less than a DSLR for me would be a letdown and it would just collect dust on the shelf.

Bill16

I would be more interested in a water proof AW1 to take when I don't want to risk my DSLRs. But like Blacktop, I too prefer DSLRs as my first choice when wanting a good photo, but I just don't want to risk my D700 or D800E on a fishing trip.lol :)

J-see

I wouldn't know what to do with the new cams. If I travel light, I carry my D7200.

I'm not old enough to find that heavy. ;)

traceyjj

A few years ago I bought an Oly XZ1 thinking that it would compliment my Oly DSLRs, and that I could/would use it when I couldnt carry the DSLR, I still carry it around, however, I havent used it in years!

I wouldn't know what to do with the new cams. If I travel light, I carry my D7200.

I'm not old enough to find that heavy. ;)

I am old. I shot recently with my D750 and a rented Tamron 150-600. It was a bit heavy after carrying it for 5 hours would have been easier if I had my 70-300 on there. A light weight camera just does not feel right in my hands. I have a Coolpix S9900 that I do carry every once in a while but just don't feel right shooting with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AC016

"No. I feel insecure with anything that is small and need something bigger to make me feel manly", lol :p On a serious note, i would not be interested in any of them. I'm happy with what i have.

J-see

I am old. I shot recently with my D750 and a rented Tamron 150-600. It was a bit heavy after carrying it for 5 hours would have been easier if I had my 70-300 on there. A light weight camera just does not feel right in my hands. I have a Coolpix S9900 that I do carry every once in a while but just don't feel right shooting with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I carry the D7200 & Tam I have the tripod collar turned up which is a handy carry. When I also have my dogs with me, I use an old climbing belt. I can attach both dogs to that belt and at the same time slide the lens with the collar attach inside it.

But my light set-up is one cam (whichever), a short lens and my 300mm. That all fits inside a Lowepro Nova 170. The moment I can no longer carry that, I'll roll over and die.

In the past I was thinking about a small sized cam for street. The reasoning was that a small cam isn't as "there" as a large DSLR but experience learned me it doesn't matter. People directly see if you're shooting them. The only way to avoid that is not by getting smaller but by going longer. Which is why my street set-up has become the D7200 & Big Tam.