Hello from indonesia

sihombingmian

Hello everyone, its nice i can join with you all in this group.

Iam a nikon hobby have nikon d7100 paired with nikkor 24-70 f2.8. I have planning to go to FX body (d7100 body will sell) and buy another 70-200 2.8 lens. Please give me advise whether i will go with d610 + 70-200 VR2 (as per my budget) or i go with d750 (with little bit higher price) and saving money for the lens future.

Thank you.:)

RocketCowboy

Howdy and welcome to Nikonites!

I'll be the dissenting voice. :) What's driving your thinking that you need to go from the D7100 to either the D610 or D750? How are you using the D7100 today, and what will an FX body open up to you?

I've been lucky enough to get hands on with both the D750 and the D610, and I'm still torn as to what route I would go given the chance. To me, I much prefer the feel of the D610 in my hands over the D750. It's minor, but was pronounced after shooting with the D750 for a few hours. I also kept a list of all the features the D7100 has over my D5300 before I made that jump, so I'm trying to sort out similar with between the D7100 and both the D610 and D750. The last piece that keeps bringing me back to the D610 are some of the "issues" (to use that term very loosely) with the hot shoe design on the D750.

I don't need the articulating screen on the D750, nor the built in wifi. I do like the higher flash sync speed with the D750, and the improved AF system. If I'm just doing landscapes and static subjects, the D610 does what I need and saves me a few $$, without supporting Nikon's current desire to pack crummy wifi and non-weather sealed articulating screens on everything. I feel like I can get better compatibility with my off camera flashes using the D610 as well, but the D750 opens up HSS if I need that.

The right answer for you is all in the details, depending on what you shoot and where the D7100 fits or fails those needs.

sihombingmian

Howdy and welcome to Nikonites!

I'll be the dissenting voice. :) What's driving your thinking that you need to go from the D7100 to either the D610 or D750? How are you using the D7100 today, and what will an FX body open up to you?

I've been lucky enough to get hands on with both the D750 and the D610, and I'm still torn as to what route I would go given the chance. To me, I much prefer the feel of the D610 in my hands over the D750. It's minor, but was pronounced after shooting with the D750 for a few hours. I also kept a list of all the features the D7100 has over my D5300 before I made that jump, so I'm trying to sort out similar with between the D7100 and both the D610 and D750. The last piece that keeps bringing me back to the D610 are some of the "issues" (to use that term very loosely) with the hot shoe design on the D750.

I don't need the articulating screen on the D750, nor the built in wifi. I do like the higher flash sync speed with the D750, and the improved AF system. If I'm just doing landscapes and static subjects, the D610 does what I need and saves me a few $$, without supporting Nikon's current desire to pack crummy wifi and non-weather sealed articulating screens on everything. I feel like I can get better compatibility with my off camera flashes using the D610 as well, but the D750 opens up HSS if I need that.

The right answer for you is all in the details, depending on what you shoot and where the D7100 fits or fails those needs.

Thanks so much for your explanation, actually i didn't use my camera all the time, i can say rarely used, mostly i also shoot static object, even sometime moving object, thats why i have doubt on this. before with d7100 i feel my pics quality is soft, maybe because i shoot on jpeg only. so i decide to move to FX for image quality. some friends here suggest me go for d750, even i think i dont need tilted screen too much since i never make a video,..now i try to shoot in raw, and will see how the result. the problem is, here, the price between d750 and d610 not much, this also make me confused.

Here i attach some pics for your comment.

dsc_1310-3.jpg
dsc_1846-2.jpg

Once again, thank you.