Is Micro Four Thirds Dead?

Osantacruz

Nah not dead but without some big news, the format is not going to be as exciting as the others. I just got a Panasonic GX8 and it's fantastic. It is so easy to lug around when I'm just shooting casually. I'm not getting rid of my FF Nikons though. And as far as video goes, Nikon can't touch it. It seems especially doomed because Olympus put a little too much hype on the seemingly mediocre Pen F despite it not being a "flagship" body.

wornish

I've thought of MFT as having been on "life support" almost since it's inception. It strikes me as a solution in search of a problem.

They have a large base of lenses to choose from and two body manufacturers who keep moving the technology forward.
I was very surprised and pleased with the IQ thats possible, and the size/weight difference is a big factor for me and many others.

Have you ever tried one ?

Osantacruz

For around 20 years I used an Olympus OM-10. My first digital camera was an Olympus. 1.2 mp. It was like $300.

I saw one of these the other day, and dang, I love the look of the silver version and it's tempting to get one when the larger Nikon isn't as practical. I could probably get this in a jacket pocket and get it in where the Nikon won't go.

Olympus OM-D E-M10 Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera | Olympus
The em10 is great. I highly recommend it. I'm thinking of getting one again as a second body to my GX8.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk