Nikon Lenses

Sevens

I am very happy with the performance of the Nikon lenses. But when we are in the public i think the general public is looking more towards to the colored lenses while comparing to the black lenses. I have one white color lens 300 mm F/4 lens and many people come and ask about it. Therefore Nikon should consider producing more white color lenses and make available without compromising the quality.

Moab Man

I prefer to not attract attention when I'm already standing there with a few thousand dollars in my hand on a public street. Much better when only another photographer will know whether I'm holding a couple hundred dollars in my hand or a few thousand.

mikew_RIP

There was a theory that white lenses didn't get as hot as black ones in the sun so where less likely to alter the focus of the lens,not heard any more about it though.

mikew_RIP

Just thought i do shoot Nikon white

Nikon-1-V2-10-30mm-30-110mm.jpg

Blacktop

There was a theory that white lenses didn't get as hot as black ones in the sun so where less likely to alter the focus of the lens,not heard any more about it though.

It's true. Unless your lens is equipped with iFocus and your camera has a lens defogger, I can see how this could be a problem.:indecisiveness:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I am very happy with the performance of the Nikon lenses. But when we are in the public i think the general public is looking more towards to the colored lenses while comparing to the black lenses. I have one white color lens 300 mm F/4 lens and many people come and ask about it. Therefore Nikon should consider producing more white color lenses and make available without compromising the quality.
The simple fact that people come and ask about it speaks for itself as far as I'm concerned.

I usually prefer the discretion when I'm going around with expensive camera stuff. But I guess to each it's own.