How To Fix Wildlife Photos That Are Cropped Too Tight

i had a killer BIF photo once where the bird was skimming along the water with a great reflection on the water. The only problem was I clipped the end of one wing. I expanded the canvas with more water and then took the wing tip off of another bird from a different bird and added it to the missing wing. Some many people think this is a no no. Not me, I just don't tell them what I did anymore. LOL

Blacktop

i had a killer BIF photo once where the bird was skimming along the water with a great reflection on the water. The only problem was I clipped the end of one wing. I expanded the canvas with more water and then took the wing tip off of another bird from a different bird and added it to the missing wing. Some many people think this is a no no. Not me, I just don't tell them what I did anymore. LOL

Way to keep a secret Don. :) I'll change a sky if I really like the shot, but the sky is too ugly. I still try and keep it looking natural unless I'm doing some wild HDR stuff. Chicks dig that, you know.

Way to keep a secret Don. :) I'll change a sky if I really like the shot, but the sky is too ugly. I still try and keep it looking natural unless I'm doing some wild HDR stuff. Chicks dig that, you know.

I have never been able to successfully change out the sky in a photo. I have some great BIF photos that the day was grey and would love to put a blue sky with white puffy clouds in its place. Everytime I tried it just looks like crap. It has been a while since I tried and I have learned a few things so maybe I should try again.

mikew_RIP

I have never been able to successfully change out the sky in a photo. I have some great BIF photos that the day was grey and would love to put a blue sky with white puffy clouds in its place. Everytime I tried it just looks like crap. It has been a while since I tried and I have learned a few things so maybe I should try again.

I spent some time trying but couldn't get where i wanted,a couple of samples,i still cant enlarge images if i quote in the same post :confused:

View attachment 197843

post 2.jpg