shot from 2006 saved with PS

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Here's a shot done with my Canon S100 2Mp camera (first digital cam I got). Unfortunately, in those days, I was shooting at minimum resolution to get more pix on my memory card. They were way more expensive then today in 2000...
So I ended up with a very small jpeg filled with noise. So I used todays PS filters to make it "less worse" :)

Night view of Tignes ski station from hotel room under moonlight.
Nuit à Tignes.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
It just shows that pixel count isn't everything a picture is about. Of course, if I had used a D700 I would have gotten a better printable image, but still, I got the image without a tripod, just using the window frame to hold the camera steady and I had to do quite a few to get the shot without too much movement.

BackdoorArts

Some of my best (and only) lightning shots were taken in a Denver hotel with my Canon P&S pressed against the window firing off one long exposure after the next and waiting for a flash.

MartinCornwall

I was scrolling down expecting to see the 'after shot'. So the original must be bad. I started digital P&S in 2000 and 3,331 files equated to 1.02GB. Just in the process myself of putting then all through LR. 2000 - 2012 and 80,000 shots to go. A good job for cold dark winter nights.

Skc

Hi, I have a fair bit of old photo shot in the past, and am caught in the exact situation you mentioned -- small jpg. I am not very good at PS, and am wondering if you could share your method on how you trying to improve these small jpg, a tutorial of sort, or point me to a general direction, please? E.g. What filter to use for certain conditions/objectives. (Sorry if this is too basic a thing to ask.)

Have a great day ahead.:encouragement:

Blacktop

The problem is, that once I start looking through old photos, I get caught up in memory lane and get nothing accomplished for hours.