New Firmware Update V 1.01

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Changes:

• • AF-P DX NIKKOR 18–55​mm f/3.5–5.6G VR and AF-P DX NIKKOR 18–55​mm f/3.5–5.6G lenses are now supported. Vibration reduction can be enabled or disabled using the new Optical VR option in the photo SHOOTING MENU, which is displayed when an AF-P DX NIKKOR 18–55​mm f/3.5–5.6G VR lens is attached.
  • • The following issues have been addressed:
    • - Choosing negative values for Exposure compensation in the RETOUCH MENU > NEF (RAW) processing display did not have the desired effect.
    • - Continued scrolling of the menus for some languages would cause the camera to freeze.
Note
Once this firmware is installed, the Windows edition of Camera Control Pro 2 versions 2.22.0 and earlier will no longer be able to detect the camera. Upgrade to version 2.23.0 or later.

Nikon | Download center | D5300 Firmware

mikew_RIP

There has been a mention i think on NR that it may cause some problems with some Sigma lenses,so if you have any research a bit first.

epag06

I have problem with Sigma 18-250 DC MACRO OS HSM AF.

Where could I find the old firmware 1.00, to restore it?

Thanks

[h=1][/h]

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
... and how could I fix the problem? there isn't a chance to reset the camera to farm's settings?
I doubt going back to a former firmware is possible, but you can contact Nikon Support and ask them for solutions. They will probably tell you that it is not their problem and to contact Sigma. :(

Disclaimer: I have never had to contact Nikon Support or Sigma, so all the above is just supposition on my part.

epag06

Thank you, cwgrizz, I am already waiting for an answer from Nikon Support, and now, following your suggestion, I will contact also Sigma.

Horoscope Fish

... and how could I fix the problem? there isn't a chance to reset the camera to farm's settings?
You've already contacted Sigma, which is what I would have suggested and is probably your best best. Nikon will tell you to pack sand. If the lens accepts the Sigma Dock you can probably update the firmware in the lens that way. If it doesn't accept the Dock, Sigma will probably flash the firmware for you at no charge if you send them the lens in question.

thequeenscheese

If you can find the old firmware, is it the camera itself that won't allow you to flash it with an old firmware? If so you could try renaming the old version to current or a no. Above ?

altho contacting nikon may help they may be able to package you up the old firmware to flash the camera..

RobV

I just purchased a refurbished 5300 from Adorama.
According to the menu, it still has V 1.00 installed.
Should I leave it alone and consider myself lucky?

1) I don't expect to shoot in NEF.
2) Is English one of the languages that causes the freezing while scrolling of menus?

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
I would in your case just leave it alone and use the firmware that is installed. If you have a problem later, that the newer update will cure, then I would update. Go back to the first post of this thread and click on the link to see what the new firmware is supposed to correct. That will tell you if you need to update.

jayw

I have a Tamron 16-300 zom on my D5300. If I were to update the 2 firmwares for the D5300, what, if any, issues will I run into?

RocketCowboy

I have a Tamron 16-300 zom on my D5300. If I were to update the 2 firmwares for the D5300, what, if any, issues will I run into?

I don't have that lens specifically, but I've not had any issues with Tamron lenses on my Nikon (D5300 and D7100) bodies. Tamron and Nikon tend to play nice ... the only thing I've found is that Tamron teleconverters don't seem to like Tamron lenses on my Nikon bodies, but they play fine with Nikkor lenses. Strange, but I think you'd be good with the 16-300.