Orientation problem

MikeCT

I am using my 7200 on a copy stand, so the lens points straight down. The camera continuously switches from vertical to horizontal view, making any adjustments almost impossible. Auto Orientation is OFF anad switching on ON makes no difference.

Any suggestions on how to force it to stay in horizontal orientation?

many thanks

WayneF

Any suggestions on how to force it to stay in horizontal orientation?

Dunno, but there is Rotate Tall in the playback menu, I'm thinking it could be that?

I suppose the camera sees a gravity switch, and gets confused when aimed down.

nickt

Wayne just beat me to it. Try pushing the help button when you look at the rotate tall option. My d7100 says something to the effect that it rotates the played back image if auto rotate was also on, but not while first auto reviewing the image. Check it out and see if it helps.

Mike Adams

I failed to include a key piece of information. I am running the output to a computer using LiveView. It is during the set up for the shot that I am having the problem, not viewing afterwards.

WayneF

I failed to include a key piece of information. I am running the output to a computer using LiveView. It is during the set up for the shot that I am having the problem, not viewing afterwards.

Still seems wise to check Rotate Tall. It affects the rear LCD, which is the view that is sent to HDMI and the TV.

Mike Adams

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately all combinations of Auto Orientation and Rotate Tall results in the same rapid alternation of Landscape and Portrait modes. I will see if my local dealer can find a problem with the sensor itself.