Earthquake Damage

Mike150

I thought I'd share some of the earthquake damage we sustained here at my house.

For the record, my house is about 35 miles from the epicenter of the Aug 23, 2011 earthquake. It measured 5.9 mag. and so far I've felt three aftershocks. The worst was a 4.2 and occured last night. The last one was about 9 this morning but was not much more than a little vibration.

Sorry I didn't have a camera at work yesterday. If so I could have gotten some outrageous pictures of people scared out of their minds (myself included).

This earthquake was a first for me so I can now add that to my list of Natural Disasters I have survived. The other four are Blizzards, Floods, Hurricanes and Tornados.

These two photos were take shortly after my wife and I got home yesterday evening.

Earthquake-2a.jpg

Earthquake-1a.jpg

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I felt it all the way up here near Philly. I went outside immediately afterwords and a rabbit that lives under my deck was out and up on his hind legs looking around. haha

Carolina Photo Guy

You are going to be working for DAYS to repair all that damage! I'm packing the truck and I'll be up in a few hours to help after you give me your address.

As Bill Clinton used to say, "I feel your pain!"

:)

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I felt it all the way up here near Philly. I went outside immediately afterwords and a rabbit that lives under my deck was out and up on his hind legs looking around. haha

John: My wife works in Malvern and one of her employees left for the day! Her office is on the bottom floor of a 5 story building. The employee is severly claustrophobic and freaked out!

AxeMan - Rick S.

The epicenter of yesterdays Earthquake was pinpointed to a small graveyard outside of D.C. where all of the founding fathers rolled over in their graves at once. :p:p:p:p:p

Really it's true, I copied this from Facebook

Truthfully I hope all my east coast friends here are ok and make it through the pending hurricane safely. Our thoughts are with you guys.

Mike150

The epicenter of yesterdays Earthquake was pinpointed to a small graveyard outside of D.C. where all of the founding fathers rolled over in their graves at once. :p:p:p:p:p

The President has just confirmed that the DC earthquake occurred on a rare and obscure fault-line, apparently known as "Bush's Fault".
The President also announced that the Secret Service and Maxine Waters continues an investigation of the quake's suspicious ties to the Tea Party.

Joseph Bautsch

The president has also announced his new great economic recovery plan #2, or #3, or is it #4, in any case the earthquake is the basis for the plan. Since the quake damage has created a lot of jobs for rebuilding the damages he will hire a lot of demolition companies to go around the country and destroy buildings so that will create jobs for the demolition companies and even more jobs for rebuilding. Of course the government will pay for this by raising taxes and increasing the national debt ceiling.

Mike150

It's amazing how fast a hijacking can occur. It truly started as a joke. I had minimal damage from the earthquake. Much less than I expected being only 30 miles from the epicenter. I took the photos as a joke, and it suddenly turned into a political satire. Ain't life fun?

jengajoh

I am one of the only people I know around here that didn't feel the earthquake. As for the Hurricane I really hope it doesn't come up the Chesapeake bay, and I hope it slows down a lot.

Mike150

My thoughts are with all those along the East Coast. I'm lucky, I'm pretty far inland so all we're expecting is normal thunderstorm type activity. Pete is almost right on the coast of NC, and Jen is near the northern Chesapeak bay. I'm sure there are others, so let it be known, I'm thinking about all of you.

Carolina Photo Guy

Guys, I am almost slap in the middle of North Carolina. The wind here was a breezy 25 to 30 knots and the rain was vertical.

No big deal at all. But thanks for your concern. We weathered everything just fine. How-ever, the coast got a mild ass whoopin'! :)