What conditions do you hate?

theregsy

After a weekend at a local music festival I have discovered my absolute Number 1 hate in trying to take photos under certain conditions. That is smoke, I was set up the band were due to come on after an intro and everything disappeared in a backlit wall of smoke.

So number one of my list of things that should be banned is smoke/dry ice

1. Smoke Dry Ice

Please feel free to add the thing that really gets your goat and should be banned when we want to take a picture :) LOL

Mike150

Taking your camera outside on a hot humid day and having to wait 10 minutes for the moisture that immediately condenses on the lens to dry out. Same effects when coming inside on a very cold day outside

jengajoh

I had that problem every single day on our vacation in Cancun, sometimes it took 30 minutes.

I don't like being in a car and seeing something that I really want a shot of and I can't stop. There should be safe and convenient stopping places along any highway in case someone wants to take a picture of something. :)

theregsy

I have changed my mind, actually my least favourite condition is not having my camera with me when needed! :( I work on a secure site where cameras are banned, without permits etc, so its always annoying when you are heading home and you see that wonderful cloudburst or sunset over the sea while the camera is all snuggly in its bag at home! :( LOL

kayte

I agree with above. The number of times I've been out with kids, left the camera at home and then a great shot appears while you are out. My other is low light- I have yet to master it and hate hate flash, as again, haven't mastered that. Indoor photography I guess would be weakness when it comes to photos

fotojack

All of the above.........except the work part. I'm retired, so that's not an issue with me. :) Oh................and I couldn't care less about Carrie Underwood. It's Angelina Jolie! :)

theregsy

I have another and I hasten to add its not me, a fellow photographer was shooting alongside me at a festival, after a few minutes he dropped his camera (it was made by THE other company!) and started proddng buttons in a confused manner, I asked him what was up, willing to offer advice as ever, he said his batteries had died, adn that he must have forgotten to charge them in a manner that suggested he remembered taking them off the charger that morning. He wandered off to charge his batteries, next day same again, even more perplexed he had charged them over night and they were registering full when he switched on moments earlier, he moved away from stage front, I shot a few more and wandered off to find him stood looking very perplexed into the battery compartment of his camera, while holding a melted battery in his hand, on enquiring further as to what the hells happened to that, he replied that he was confused that it was a brand new battery luckily it hadn't damaged his camera, after making sypathetic noises he mentioned that it had arrived just in time for the festival as he needed a spare for all day shooting as his original battery couldn't hack a full day, I then asked how much? £5 he replied, off ebay, from China. I commisserated before walking off chuckling to myself, now I might think about buying a replacement battery, might even buy one off ebay but what tickled me was that he really couldn't get his head round the fact that his battery was below standard even though it had cost £5 (including postage) from China. On his behalf I will add duff batteries to the list. LOL

theregsy

After making a not insignificant purchase of a DSLR why in the world would you cheap out on the battery?

I bought a used battery for my D2x, but double checked that it was the real deal, as to why you would spend a large amount of cash on a camera then used a cheap nasty battery in it, its beyond me, but the fact that he just didn't see why the batteries were rubbish finished me off :) This guy does wedding etc as well so its not like he doesn't know what he is doing (well not completely!). LOL

FoxRacer2

I hate shooting when it really bright out, especially in open areas, like a parking lot or field. Everything is always over exposed, but thank god for RAW to fix it!