Hello, Friends

paulwhitfield

Hello, friends from the Nikon Community.

I'm new here; found the forum on the www and thought I would join the group.

I've been a college professor for 26 years and I plan to retire in the next few years. I am, and have been a less-than-professional/more-than-amateur photographer for most of my adult life. First, and foremost I am a husband, dad and PaPa. I love to tie flies and present them to any willing trout I find. We usually just introduce ourselves but on some occasions I make a delicious meal of my new friend. In addition to photography and fly fishing I love to hike and camp when time allows.

I tried to post a photo go my gallery but I guess I haven't figured out that precess as of yet. I will submit it here as a simple introductory image.

I shot the image with my absolute favorite camera; a Nikon D300S with an AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II. Moonrise behind a winter tree.
I hope you enjoy.

MoonLit Tree.jpg

I look forward to meeting you and developing a long relationship with the friendly, knowledgable people here.

Respectfully,

Paul Whitfield

Last edited:

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Paul, Welcome to the forum. It is a fun place to hang out and full of information that will solve the most unusual problems (Sometimes they're even photography related. Ha!)

paulwhitfield

It didn't take long. I've been reading this forum for a couple of days. It seems to be a very friendly, knowledgable place and I believe I'm hooked; hooked to the point I felt compelled to be a contributing member. :)

I congratulate the administrators, moderators and members for making this forum such a welcoming place.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, as well as all my other major organs.

Lawrence

Welcome to Nikonites Paul. And kudos on going straight to contributing level (if I can call it that)
This is a great place to hang out.