What type of shooting is everyone doing?

photobasset

Wondering what is everyone shooting with your D5300? For those shooting outdoors, do find weight to be an issue i.e hiking? Do find a limitations in what you can shoot? Are you shooting in raw or jpeg most of the time? Is shooting done in manual or auto?

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
I shoot landscapes, wildlife (birds mostly), urban settings, people... I have walked daily, with the D5300, for short 1 1/2 - 3 miles walks without a problem. I now mostly do the same thing with the D7100, which is heavier. I have had the 70-300 II attached to each. No limitations on what I shoot. The D5300 is a great camera. The lens used, is a major factor of what will limit you. I shoot Raw 99.9% of the time. I have never shot in Auto mode that I can remember. I do use A & S priority some and Manual some. I have never used Scenes and P only a few times.

JH Foto

I use my 5300 for just about everything, great camera and as far as the weight is concerned by DSLR standards it is very light.

RocketCowboy

We use the D5300 for landscape and travel photography. I'd say that no, weight is not an issue with this camera. That said, I'm comparing it to my D7100 with fast glass, so the basis could be important.

I loved the D5300 on our Mediterranean trip two years ago.

I shot a little of everything with my D7100 and the heaviest lens was the Nikon 70-300 and never thought of it as heavy. Recently I shot in Florida with my D750 with a Tamron 150-600, Now that was heavy. We walked for 5 hours lugging that lens. The younger more fit shooters did not seem to mind with basically the same weight gear I had but I am old and out of shape.

I actually find a camera with a little weight to it easier to shoot. Light weight cameras are not a stable to me