My D5300 is dead

vomiranda

Hello,
I have a D5300 and after 13 months my camera is dead, I have two batteries fully charged, I also have tested with another battery from a frind however camera is not working. Can anybody help me?. I hear that the camera has an internal battery is that True? can that internal battery for clock cause the problem?.

I will appreciate any coments.

Best Regards

Victor

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Welcome!

Hopefully someone will be along shortly that may be able to help you.

Have you tried contacting Nikon about your problem?

RocketCowboy

Hello,
I have a D5300 and after 13 months my camera is dead, I have two batteries fully charged, I also have tested with another battery from a frind however camera is not working. Can anybody help me?. I hear that the camera has an internal battery is that True? can that internal battery for clock cause the problem?.

I will appreciate any coments.

Howdy Victor and welcome to Nikonites.

It is true that there's an internal battery for keeping the clock and settings stored. The camera won't operate off this internal power supply alone, but it does preserve the camera through battery changes, etc. The internal battery is charged from the external battery or external power adapter, but even if it's dead it should not prevent the camera from powering up. In fact, you should get an error indicating that the internal battery is faulty, from what I recall.

It could be possible that it's the battery contacts within the camera that are dirty and preventing the battery pack from making a good contact. Does the camera body turn on and provide any kind of error information, or it just sits as though there is no power available?

vomiranda

Thanks for your comments, my camera don't show any error messages, looks like there is not a battery atached; I wonder if this happen when the mainboard is dead?.

It's possible that a usb cable connected to the worng port can be produce a mainboard dead?.

Thank you very much.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Victor, I really can't help you with this other than suggesting that you contact Nikon Support. It appears to be that for whatever reason, you are not getting power from the battery to the camera. Bad battery contacts, bad off-on switch and yes, I suppose it could be a bad circuit board.

OH, and Welcome to the forum.

From what you have told us I doubt anyone is going to be able to help you. You will probably need to send it to Nikon for support.

Has the camera been dropped or gotten wet?