Name one thing you don't use on your camera.

paul04

Having had my DSLR camera for a while now, and I've realized I have never used the flash, the majority of the time I take pictures outside in daylight, or adjust the shutter speed for low light shots.

So on your camera, What do you not use, or very rarely use.

Horoscope Fish

Having had my DSLR camera for a while now, and I've realized I have never used the flash, the majority of the time I take pictures outside in daylight, or adjust the shutter speed for low light shots.

Hmmmm... No, I've never used the built in flash, now that you mention it. I don't think I've ever used in-camera HDR, Exposure Bracketing or recorded a video either. And while the frappuccino maker is nice to have, I'm more of a hot bev' sorta guy so it doesn't see much use.

carguy

I never use the flash or Video feature on my D7100.

AC016

The annoying beep that the camera makes when AF is confirmed. That is the first thing that i turned off on my camera and never use. I have tried the scenes modes, but never use them. PC sync terminal is never used. Bracketing function is never used - i do it manually. Other then that, my camera does not have to many bells and whistles not to use.

Lawrence

video
effects, scene and auto-modes
P mode - I still don't know how programme mode works
And a lot of the menus stuff such as HDR (on this camera)

WayneF

I bet the list of things I don't use (or don't even know are there) is much bigger than the list I do use.

I use the flash, esp as Commander. And video but rarely, it's not mainstream for me.

But never HDR, never bracketing, never the U1 U2 user menus, never lens focus tuning, never image editing in camera, never much out of the ordinary mainstream. Much of it is postponed to raw processing.

480sparky

I thought we were limited to mentioning ONE thing we don't use on our cameras (like the thread title says).

In that case, it would be easier for me to list the things I do use.

paul04

I thought we were limited to mentioning ONE thing we don't use on our cameras (like the thread title says).

In that case, it would be easier for me to list the things I do use.

Just reading through the posts, and now even I could add more that I don,'t use, like HDR, video, auto mode, to name a few more.

Griso

Not really used video - just don't think of it really.

Don't use U1 & U2, but would like to - just need to put the effort in!

Have tried HDR, but dynamic range nowadays makes it less useful.

Time lapse - not used that in earnest.