Having issues with shooting .raw in slot 1 / .jpg 2 *rookie questions here*

Devin Fahie

Hello. Upgraded yesterday from a Sony a58 to the 7200. I was excited that I now had two memory slots, so I can shoother in both raw and jpg. I realize with one card slot 1's default is .jpg.... I added another card, went to settings. .. and set slot 1 raw / 2 jpg.... so snapped a few.... imported into I photo and Lightroom.... and slot 1 is in .jpg... messed around hoping I would figure it out... here is am. Thanks for your help in advance.

Danno

I had similar issuses figuring out how to set the two slotts. I wanted RAW in the first slot and jpeg in the second. After so review of the manual I went to the "photo shooting menu" under the "Role played by card in slot 2", I picked raw+jpeg. In "Image quality" l set raw + N.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Danno

Fat finger ed the keyboard. That worked for me. I also bought a book to help. I went from a D3200 to th D7200. The manual works, but the book I bought was worth the money. It is by David Busch - Nikon D7200 Digital SLR Photography... I have found it very useful.

Danno

Are you new to the forum? If so you should introduce yourself and fill out your profile. This is a great place. Lots of experience.

Yes, and I will do

If you fill out your profile and add the camera gear we can better answer any questions that you might have.
You can do that at http://nikonites.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

Under camera just put the model number like D7100; Once you put the first letter like D you will see a list of all the cameras in the database pop up. The more numbers you put in the smaller the list becomes. When you see your camera just click on it, Be sure to click on "Save Changes" in the lower right corner.

Thanks