Opinions on the D5500

okulo

I have a D5500 and I love it but I am of the opinion that once I have bought a camera, I learn to love it rather than eying up other cameras to see what I could have had.

I like taking photos of plants and fungi and the touch screen is extremely useful for focussing on the part of the subject I choose (which is quite critical with close subjects); in Live View, I just touch the screen at the part of the image I want focussed and there is an option to release the shutter the same way.

It is also very useful to access settings as most common settings can be accessed from a single screen.

I have a D5500 and I love it but I am of the opinion that once I have bought a camera, I learn to love it rather than eying up other cameras to see what I could have had.

I like taking photos of plants and fungi and the touch screen is extremely useful for focussing on the part of the subject I choose (which is quite critical with close subjects); in Live View, I just touch the screen at the part of the image I want focussed and there is an option to release the shutter the same way.

It is also very useful to access settings as most common settings can be accessed from a single screen.

That sounds like a great system for you. That is one reason for all the different features for different cameras.

dmc

Well, I've never met "general consensus" and believe I prefer not to. I've been shooting the D5500 for close to 6 months now and can say it is the best full feature consumer camera Zi have ever owned. In fact, I am so pleased with the results, it is my go to camera. Go ahead and buy a D5300 if you like, but D5500 is state of the art. Perhaps "general consensus" has never used one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

photobasset

Well, I've never met "general consensus" and believe I prefer not to. I've been shooting the D5500 for close to 6 months now and can say it is the best full feature consumer camera Zi have ever owned. In fact, I am so pleased with the results, it is my go to camera. Go ahead and buy a D5300 if you like, but D5500 is state of the art. Perhaps "general consensus" has never used one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank for your input. What do you primarily shot?

photobasset

Handled a d5500 today. Was impressed with the features. Felt good in my hand. The recessed grip was comfortable. Felt lighter then I thought it would.

MaxBlake

I have four different Nikon cameras, none of which is the mentioned-here D5300, and I find myself using the D5500 quite a bit. It is versatile, it produces terrific images with appropriate lenses, it's easy to use, it's a good take-it-on-a-trip camera because of its versatility and the fact that it's lightweight (especially in comparison to at least a couple of the other Nikons I own) -- what's not to like? You have a choice of a great many cameras. I see a great many reasons to own, and enjoy, the D5500.

gkd

Great camera
Easy to use, light, wifi link to phone for mobile app (very limited but the shutter button's useful for group shots with you in them and tripod slow exposures).
Touch screen is great, I can browse pictures the same way as on my phone