Hello from eastern Washington.

Double_S_

Howdy!. I'm Simon from Eastern Washington. I'm new to DSLR Camera's. I had a Canon Camcorder but hardly used the video mode. So I decided to sell it while it still has some value. I take a lot of pics with my iPhone so I decided to get a proper camera for taking pics of wildlife and when I go on hikes.
After some research I ordered a D5500 with an 18-300 lens. It should arrive around the first of February. I ordered some DVD's with study book on using the DSLR and basic photography. The course is taught by a veteran National Geographic photographer. It comes with streaming online study but I live out in the country and all I have is satellite internet...it lacks. I hope to gain a lot of knowledge from you folks.
Have a great day,
Simon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the Forum. We have a great group of people here that are willing and able to help you learn.

If you fill out your profile and add the camera gear we can better answer any questions that you might have.
You can do that at http://nikonites.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

Under camera just put the model number like D7100; Once you put the first letter like D you will see a list of all the cameras in the database pop up. The more numbers you put in the smaller the list becomes. When you see your camera just click on it, Be sure to click on "Save Changes" in the lower right corner.

Thanks

Double_S_

Thank you for the warm welcome. I signed up through Tapatalk on my iPhone. I tried to log in on my laptop so I could better fill out my profile but it's not accepting my password. I sent the webmaster an email to assist me. I'll fill out my profile through Tapatalk. Thanks again.

Double_S_

Thank you for the link. I filled out as much as I could for now. I was able to get the Laptop log in squared away.
Welcome to the Forum. We have a great group of people here that are willing and able to help you learn.

If you fill out your profile and add the camera gear we can better answer any questions that you might have.
You can do that at http://nikonites.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

Under camera just put the model number like D7100; Once you put the first letter like D you will see a list of all the cameras in the database pop up. The more numbers you put in the smaller the list becomes. When you see your camera just click on it, Be sure to click on "Save Changes" in the lower right corner.

Thanks

Thank you for the link. I filled out as much as I could for now. I was able to get the Laptop log in squared away.

Great, thanks. It really helps when you are asking a question since so many of the answers are camera dependant.

I know you are excited about getting your new camera. I know the wait for the big brown truck to stop in front of my house is one of the longest waits there is.

Double_S_

Thank you to all. I thought archery equipment was bad.. money wise. I've been browsing the product section of the forum looking for idea's on other equipment I might need. I'm gonna hold off until I receive my camera. They first order statement stated Feb 1 Now I'm supposed to receive it on the 28 of this month. Thank you shipping gods!!!!!.
I am partially disabled with a bad lower L4-L5 and bad right knee. So I am looking for a quality hiking/trekking Monopod. After reading another members post on here, I do like the idea of a Pistol grip ball mount for quick adjustments while on the move. I'll be looking for a quality monopod that won't break the budget. My dear wife already placed me on a Photography budget. :sorrow:
I'm still browsing the different sections of the forum A lot of knowledge and beautiful pics to take in. I hope to be the sponge...to soak in all this info.

Last edited:

Double_S_

Welcome to nikonites.com. Where on the eastern side are you?

WM

I'm 80 miles west of Spokane. Where there's more deer than residents.
c13fd411adf323fe15b40cb317bfef75.jpg

Bill16

Yes photography can be way more expensive than you expect, talking from my own experience!lol Plus buying ever more gear,lenses, or camera bodies becomes very very addictive! I started off thinking my D3100 I originally got was expensive with a lens at $600.00!lol
Now here I am with gear costing way way more, and admittedly I'm still not satisfied yet with still three lenses wanted!

I also admit I am loving being a photographer, and I enjoy every bit of gear I add to my kit!lol :)
But I am a gear head, and others here have done wonderful work on a much much smaller purchase history, and so it can be done without being impossibly expensive.:)

I do highly recommend a good post processing app, and a computer with a lot of memory or some added hard drives. I finally just signed up with the adobe creative cloud, and have found it to be awesome, though I have a ton of stuff to learn about it!:)

Again, welcome to Nikonites!:D

Thank you to all. I thought archery equipment was bad.. money wise. I've been browsing the product section of the forum looking for idea's on other equipment I might need. I'm gonna hold off until I receive my camera. They first stated Feb 1 Now I'm supposed to receive it on the 28 of this month. Thank you shipping gods!!!!!.
I am partially disabled with a bad lower L4-L5 and bad right knee. So I am looking for a quality hiking/trekking Monopod. After reading another members post on here, I do like the idea of a Pistol grip ball mount for quick adjustments while on the move. I'll be looking for a quality monopod that won't break the budget. My dear wife already placed me on a Photography budget. :sorrow:
I'm still browsing the different sections of the forum A lot of knowledge and beautiful pics to take in. I hope to be the sponge...to soak in all this info.

Double_S_

I was just looking at Adobe Photoshop. I see that a lot of folks copyright their photos with copyright watermarks. I am computer ignorant. So I've been looking up apps that could assist me with this down the road. Thanks again for the welcome.