D3300 Manual HDR Bracketing - What's next?

Hi all,

I'm a new member here. I've been doing a little photography on the side for events, family,portraits for friends, fun for myself, etc.

Since the D3300 does not support auto-HDR, I've been researching manual HDR bracketing. There are a lot of good articles online, like this one ( Manual HDR Bracketing Explained - farbspiel photography ) but I am having trouble figuring out what to do AFTER taking the photos for the composite image - What software should one use to put the images together? These online articles I've been reading only tell you how to take the pictures.

I have access to Lightroom and Photoshop, if that helps.

Thanks!

Horoscope Fish

Hi all,

I'm a new member here. I've been doing a little photography on the side for events, family,portraits for friends, fun for myself, etc.

Since the D3300 does not support auto-HDR, I've been researching manual HDR bracketing. There are a lot of good articles online, like this one ( Manual HDR Bracketing Explained - farbspiel photography ) but I am having trouble figuring out what to do AFTER taking the photos for the composite image - What software should one use to put the images together? These online articles I've been reading only tell you how to take the pictures.

I have access to Lightroom and Photoshop, if that helps.

Thanks!
These tutorials should get you started:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/how-to/photoshop-merge-to-hdr.html

Learn HDR in Photoshop, Colin's HDR photography tutorial - PhotoshopCAFE

aroy

You can also use the HDR feature of the camera to create HDR images, though the camera will output only JPG for this.

One thing that you should be aware of is that with 13EV of DR, you can recover a lot of shadows if you shoot RAW, and in most situations that is good enough.

HDR is neede when the scene contrasts are very high. In early DSLR where the DR was not high, HDR made a case, but with high DR sensors today, most of the time there is no need for HDR.