New to forum

Doug McMurdo

Hello, All,
I'm a print reporter who is required to take photos as part of the job, which doesn't pay as well as I would like which led me to purchase a D40 from a pawnshop two years ago.
I love the camera, although the "real" photographer in the newsroom tells me it is obsolete.
The camera worked like a charm until two weeks ago, when I suddenly had a problem with my memory card. At first it would not eject. I fiddled with the lever on the inside of the slot and the card now clicks in and out, but the camera tells me the card is locked and to move the tab into the write position. I've done this, about a hundred million times, and the problem persists. I have used other cards that work in other cameras.
Somebody please tell me they have had the same problem and no how to fix it, or give me a best guess on what it might cost at Nikon. I have no warranty.
Please advise and thank you.
Doug

Deezey

My guess would be after shipping and repairs....you could buy another newer camera for either less....or about the same price.

And welcome to the forum!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryan20fun

Welcome!

And that guy is right, It is somewhat obsolete*

*This does not stop it from taking great photos, Newer cameras just offer better tools to achieve it.

Dawg Pics

I thought it might have been the card, but I see you have a separate thread about that, and it isn't the card.

Welcome to the Forum.

Last edited: