Noise and movement when turnning on my D7100. HELP PLEASE !!!!

Leovacc

Hello
I was the happy owner of a D90, and a D7000, until last week when i decided to buy a D7100 (for the 24mgp, and everything else).
But when i first put the lens on, tur on the camera, the first thing i notice was 4 sounds that came from it.
Immediately turn it off and take off lens to re attach it. Did so, but it did the exact 4 bzzz bzzz bzzz bzzzz . Turn it off AGAIN and turn it ON watching thru the view finder and see that the image bounce up and down along the bzzz sound.
I dont know if it is a cleaning sensor system or something like that, but non of my previous cameras did such thing.
The lens is a Kit lens 18-140.
Please help me out with this ASAP, because its making me crazy.
Really want to get the best out of this machine, but cant live with this problem.

BackdoorArts

Agreed, sounds like VR. That shouldn't engage until the shutter is pressed half way, so there could be an issue either with the lens or the body, or the combination. If you have another VR lens try it.

nickt

You could try turning the VR off on the lens too, just for a test. You really shouldn't hear anything when you turn it on. And when VR does its thing, it's really barely a sound, especially that lens. Anyway, turn VR off, swap lenses, bodies. See if you can prove one or the other bad. Clean the contacts, (but I think we often put too much hope in contact cleaning).
The sensor cleaning can be turned off in the menus, but it sounds like VR with the image moving in the viewfinder.

Deezey

The clean sensor function wouldn't be making a buzz sound. It more like a very high pitch squeal sound just at the edge of hearing. I believe it last around three seconds, but the process can be cancelled by pressing the shutter button anytime during the cleaning process.

This sounds like a lens issue. Try powering up the camera with the camera in MF mode and the lens in MF with VR off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leovacc

Hello, yes, i dis try with a 50mm but it has no VR. So i dont make any noise. However i dont know why i get better, less noisy pictures with my D70 and D90 than with this new D7100. Already check all the settings to see if there was something weird but couldn't find anything.

Leovacc

Already turn that of, but the movement is to much, is not a little shake, you can see the image going up and down when you turn it on. And it does the exact same movement and sound evry time.

Deezey

D90 is 12mp. D7100 is what 24 mp?? You have to use twice the technique while having twice the MP and much improved resolving power of the newer sensor. It is literally more than twice the camera. These newer cameras don't allow for as much "slop" when shooting and pixel peeping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Hello, yes, i dis try with a 50mm but it has no VR. So i dont make any noise. However i dont know why i get better, less noisy pictures with my D70 and D90 than with this new D7100. Already check all the settings to see if there was something weird but couldn't find anything.

Do you still have one of these other bodies? If so, did you mount that lens on one of those bodies to see if the same thing happens?

Leovacc

Hi, yes ir did. The exact same. So start thinking it was a normal thingbwith this lens, witch i never had before. But mmmm not. No oens should do that. Right?

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi, yes ir did. The exact same. So start thinking it was a normal thingbwith this lens, witch i never had before. But mmmm not. No oens should do that. Right?

Do you turn the VR off BEFORE the camera is turned off? And is the VR off when it is first mounted on the camera? If it is off BEFORE the camera is turned on, it shouldn't happen. If it is off and still happens, then perhaps the on/off switch on the lens has malfunctioned.