Post your D7200 high ISO

mikew_RIP

Why should Don and the D750 have all the limelight:D the D750 may be king but the D7200 can give it a run for its money.

ISO 6400

23375011364_951597ab77_o.jpg

Vincent

Thanks for these examples, I clearly can not reach that with my D7000. Strangly makes me believe the D500 will have this quality at 12800 ISO, do not see why it would not be possible.

Now go to measurements:

DXO Mark gives a completely different score to the ISO value of the D7200 vs D610.
However I only look at their Measurements Dynamic Range Screen and there the D7200 is the same as a D610. Predicts this ISO 6400 quality.

Senscore Noise:
Nikon D7200
Nikon D610 977

So somewhere technically an FX gives a cleaner image then a DX (measurable), but it does not mean that the ISO performance today of a DX can not be sufficient for most use at what is considered high ISO.

mikew_RIP

Thanks for these examples, I clearly can not reach that with my D7000. Strangly makes me believe the D500 will have this quality at 12800 ISO, do not see why it would not be possible.

Now go to measurements:

DXO Mark gives a completely different score to the ISO value of the D7200 vs D610.
However I only look at their Measurements Dynamic Range Screen and there the D7200 is the same as a D610. Predicts this ISO 6400 quality.

Senscore Noise:
Nikon D7200
Nikon D610 977

So somewhere technically an FX gives a cleaner image then a DX (measurable), but it does not mean that the ISO performance today of a DX can not be sufficient for most use at what is considered high ISO.

I am going to try 12800 out of interest,the results at the moment are better than i got with the 7000 and 7100,as i said though i do not do any NR on the main subject,ime just not good enough at it to not lose detail.
I think you may be right about the D500 but that should extend to the D5 and so make it better.

Vincent

...I think you may be right about the D500 but that should extend to the D5 and so make it better.

If you say the D5 will be better in ISO performance then the D500, you are right. The D4S is probably even better then the D500.
Does that make it the better camera for all, certainly not. More people will do things they like with a D7X00, D500 than they would with a D5.
Some others will do things with the D5 impossible for other cameras, but not that many people.

I`m impressed with the ISO you show, I saw some people say we do not dare enough. I`ll push my D7000 a bit more too I believe.

mikew_RIP

Same here. My shots at high iso don't look good. Is there something i should be using besides lightroom?

As i said i dont do noise reduction on the main subject,i may brush it in on the background,the other thing that is an enemy is under exposure especially at higher ISOs,i know the problem of blowing high lights but i try to take at ;least two with a + dialed in on high ISOs shots.

Just had a play with your shots in ACR and photoshop,its not good as they are small files.

Yours

IAH_0464.jpg

Mine

IAH_0464e.jpg

Yours

IAH_0470.jpg

Mine

IAH_0470e.jpg

canuck257

As i said i dont do noise reduction on the main subject,i may brush it in on the background,the other thing that is an enemy is under exposure especially at higher ISOs,i know the problem of blowing high lights but i try to take at ;least two with a + dialed in on high ISOs shots.

Just had a play with your shots in ACR and photoshop,its not good as they are small files.

Yours

View attachment 194677

Mine

View attachment 194678

Yours

View attachment 194679

Mine

View attachment 194680

Care to share your secrets Mike? I'm VERY impressed.

Kevin H

Mine

View attachment 194680

I'd like to see the whites brought up a bit on this one Mike???