Little Angel ...

lorenbrothers

I don't know which one I like best ... both un-retouched except to go to B/W

bbb_DSC_0075.jpg

ccc_DSC_0075.jpg

Was is shot through a window? The odd frame around the first one really does not help it at all. It also looks a bit soft so that is another reason I though they may have been shot through a windows. Dirty glass. Also the B&W conversion looks a little flat. needs more "POP" to it so it grabs your attention.

mikew_RIP

Sorry not the first one for me,too many distractions and if ime honest it looks like a snap,the second is a lot better but as Don said a bit more PP in the conversion.

Moab Man

Easily the second. The first one your subject is too small and there is this shaft going through the picture in a really intrusive way.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Neither one captivates me. Too much going on in the first one. In the second image, that diagonal branch looks to be in sharper focus than the angel--which I find to be too distracting.

lorenbrothers

I agree that 2nd one is technically the better crop. I do like how the tone of the wood seems to create a 'reflection' and the branch forms a 'canopy' over the cherub. (if it was gone I think the photo would be too boring) This one was taken through a triple pane window and was to make the neighbor lady happy; that is why I left her window frame in ...

If I knew the camera better (still haven't found out how to set manual yet) I would have widened the DoF a bit. I was just playing around showing her the camera.

Last edited: