Error Loading ViewNX 2 from CD

klenog

I have loaded this application to my Laptop running Windows 7 ( 64bit) and I keep getting a Windows Error...ViewNX 2 has stopped working. It first load images to the screen then a Windows Pop Up appears. Has any one had a similar experience and what could be the solution, please. I have uninstalled application but still same error. Other application on Disk load OK, only ViewNX 2.

Attachments

• ViewNX2 has stopped working.jpg
    ViewNX2 has stopped working.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 6,021
Last edited by a moderator:

FoxRacer2

Only thing I can think of is that its not the 64 bit version of the program? but then again it installed. Hm that's weird. Try getting the program online and installing it, and see if you still get that problem.

klenog

Thanks ALL for your comments.

According to Manual, p179, "Connections", it does state very clearly that this application runs as 32-bit applications in 64-bit editions of Windows 7 and Windows Vista???????

Carolina Photo Guy

Thanks ALL for your comments.

According to Manual, p179, "Connections", it does state very clearly that this application runs as 32-bit applications in 64-bit editions of Windows 7 and Windows Vista???????

Dude, I can write in the manual that using View NX2 will make you irresistible to women, but that don't make it so.

I have used it on both PC and Mac. It hung up both which means that View NX2 is cross platform! :)

nickt

I dont use viewnx 2 extensively, but mine works fine on Windows 7 64 bit. Is your computer healthy? Sometimes otherwise unexplained bad program behavior is an early warning of a virus or malware infection. Be sure your antivirus is up to date and maybe download a free malware scanner such as Malwarebytes or Spybot Search & Destroy. I see from your screen shot you use AVG, great av, but still try one of the malware scanners.

I've seen legitimate programs clash with other software too, so try running it in safe mode. (tap f8 as your computer reboots and choose safe mode from the menu that should come up.) If viewnx runs in safe mode and a malware scan is clean, I would start disabling programs that run on start up that might be clashing with the viewnx.

Another thought, try right clicking the viewnx start icon and choose 'run as administrator'.

These are just general steps, nothing that I know specifically to help with Viewnx2.

klenog

Thank you Nickt.

I have an up to date NON-Windows product which is up to date every day and runs every day. It also scan in real time all activity.

I do not have any other application problems.
Maybe I need to get onto those tech'os at NIKKON. Any persons out thre in 'Nikonites' had any success with NIKKON direct?

Does NIKKON read this site for some input. Are you aware of this?

Many thanks......... Greg