Shutter speed experiment...

eyeshoot84

Got my dog Maximus to model a little for me today while I tried my hand adjusting shutter speed and I so. Shot with a nikkor 18-55 mm.. uploadfromtaptalk1452479887963.JPGuploadfromtaptalk1452479898442.JPGuploadfromtaptalk1452479908665.JPG

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

The exif info does not show up on any or your shots which means you probably did not process them in a way that stripped it off. When you process your photo make sure to crop them to no more than 1000 px on the long side.

Blacktop

You might want to up your shutter speed. All three shots are very soft and out of focus. Are these straight out of camera? The WB is very much on the warm side.

eyeshoot84

Why don't you tell us what the experiment was, and what your conclusions were? ;)
Well..let's see. I shot in sports mode. ( he was playing with my two year old,they were all over the place,and i wanted the movement)Adjusted my Iso...between 400- 1600 until I found what I liked for the shot according to his position or movement. I also adjusted my aperture and shutter speeds. I can't recall what it was set to while I shot,but visually it seemed OK to me so I kept going. I got a couple of blurs and some were overexposed, and finally I found settings that seemed OK to keep shooting with. A few times he would look my way and continue on with my son,I stayed with my target and adjusted accordingly until it looked right. If that makes sense,my explanation seems winded..😒

eyeshoot84

You might want to up your shutter speed. All three shots are very soft and out of focus. Are these straight out of camera? The WB is very much on the warm side.
Yes these were uploaded directly from the camera. What is wb?

eyeshoot84

The exif info does not show up on any or your shots which means you probably did not process them in a way that stripped it off. When you process your photo make sure to crop them to no more than 1000 px on the long side.
Could that be a result from me uploading them from the camera to my phone I selected recommended sizing?

Well..let's see. I shot in sports mode. ( he was playing with my two year old,they were all over the place,and i wanted the movement)Adjusted my Iso...between 400- 1600 until I found what I liked for the shot according to his position or movement. I also adjusted my aperture and shutter speeds. I can't recall what it was set to while I shot,but visually it seemed OK to me so I kept going. I got a couple of blurs and some were overexposed, and finally I found settings that seemed OK to keep shooting with. A few times he would look my way and continue on with my son,I stayed with my target and adjusted accordingly until it looked right. If that makes sense,my explanation seems winded..

It would help if you knew what camera you are using and also we need the EXIF data in able to help you.

If you fill out your profile and add the camera gear we can better answer any questions that you might have.
You can do that at http://nikonites.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

Under camera just put the model number like D7100; Once you put the first letter like D you will see a list of all the cameras in the database pop up. The more numbers you put in the smaller the list becomes. When you see your camera just click on it, Be sure to click on "Save Changes" in the lower right corner.

Thanks

Blacktop

It would help if you knew what camera you are using and also we need the EXIF data in able to help you.

If you fill out your profile and add the camera gear we can better answer any questions that you might have.
You can do that at http://nikonites.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

Under camera just put the model number like D7100; Once you put the first letter like D you will see a list of all the cameras in the database pop up. The more numbers you put in the smaller the list becomes. When you see your camera just click on it, Be sure to click on "Save Changes" in the lower right corner.

Thanks

This is in the D3300 forum Don.

Blacktop

Yes these were uploaded directly from the camera. What is wb?

White balance. I'm assuming that you are using your D3300 as a point and shoot camera. It is fine to do that if you don't want to go beyond that, but if you want to get the full benefit of a DSLR camera, then learning and starting from the basics is a must.

Here is a very useful website that I learned a ton from when I started, and still rely on it now.

Digital Photography School - Digital Photography Tips and Tutorials

Very easy to follow and learn.

eyeshoot84

White balance. I'm assuming that you are using your D3300 as a point and shoot camera. It is fine to do that if you don't want to go beyond that, but if you want to get the full benefit of a DSLR camera, then learning and starting from the basics is a must.

Here is a very useful website that I learned a ton from when I started, and still rely on it now.

Digital Photography School - Digital Photography Tips and Tutorials

Very easy to follow and learn.
Thank you. Well I had been in auto or programmed modes but I am wanting to get away from that. I research and then experiment. I've overexposed,underexposed,blurred etc. I just continue to shoot and adjust and try to figure what works with what to get a desired look. I will look this site over,hopefully I learn something there. Thanks again.

eyeshoot84

I'm quite envious at how I read through the forum and several of you are able to point out exposure, aperture error,iso error etc... And I'm over here like how do I capture these trees on a foggy morning in dim lighting not in auto....

Blacktop

Thank you. Well I had been in auto or programmed modes but I am wanting to get away from that. I research and then experiment. I've overexposed,underexposed,blurred etc. I just continue to shoot and adjust and try to figure what works with what to get a desired look. I will look this site over,hopefully I learn something there. Thanks again.

BTW, your Max looks just like my Max. He is my shoot'n buddy. We go everywhere together to take pictures. Sometimes we even come home with a photograph.:)