Camera bag/lens question

paul14086

Sorry if it's a stupid question or in the wrong spot.
But while storing lenses in your camera bag do you guys genrally keep them in the black lense bag or just bare in the bag.
I generally keep them in the lense bags inside the camera bag but can make it a little time consuming changing lenses. If think it's probably better knock protection

Sorry if it's a dumb question or of its difficult to understand.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

mikew_RIP

I keep mine in a open camera bag with a clean dry tea towel over it to keep dust off, sort of cocked up at one end to allow air circulation.

paul14086

Sorry I probably shouldn't of said while storing them.
So if your out and about and have your lenses in the bag, are then generally the bare lense or in the black lense pouch thing.

mikew_RIP

Sorry I probably shouldn't of said while storing them.
So if your out and about and have your lenses in the bag, are then generally the bare lense or in the black lense pouch thing.

Sorry misunderstood,i only ever go out with one lens,the one on the camera.

J-see

I usually have two lenses when going out. One on the cam and the other I store next to it in my Lowepro bag. I just have the front and back cap on and that's it.

The black pouch/bags I get when I buy them end up in my garbage bin while unpacking. They offer zero protection and Nikon should be ashamed to include that crap.

Last edited:

Ironwood

Mine go into the camera bag with just the lens caps on, those black bags stay in the boxes stacked in the cupboard in case I want to sell the lens someday. I find they sell more easily if they have everything in the box that came with the lens when new.

paul14086

Cool so they won't really offer any extra protection. I would prefer to leave them out but thought they'd be better protected in them.
Thanks guys

weebee

I usually have two lenses when going out. One on the cam and the other I store next to it in my Lowepro bag. I just have the front and back cap on and that's it.

The black pouch/bags I get when I buy them end up in my garbage bin while unpacking. They offer zero protection and Nikon should be ashamed to include that crap.

I don't throw out the pouches. I use them to store other items in them. I would not consider them as a protective pouch for a second as J-see already pointed out. For me, I generally carry two cameras with lenses attached. If I carry extra it's in my Lowepro pack with the front and rear caps on as well.

Nikkon

Camera bag/lense question

Mine go into the camera bag with just the lens caps on, those black bags stay in the boxes stacked in the cupboard in case I want to sell the lens someday. I find they sell more easily if they have everything in the box that came with the lens when new.

Here the same.
I never considered using them when i put my lenses in my backpack. Could be a bit more protection but more of a hassle to change lenses.

Daz

Nope don't use them, My camera bag has all the protection I need !

I normally carry 3 lenses with me so my workflow goes like this:

Lenses stored at either end of bag (small hole to left of 70-200 2.8 is for a flash.
Take lens off camera put in middle of bag.
Take cap off lens I am about to use and put it on middle one.
Take out lens and attach to camera.
Move middle one to outside hole.
Rinse and repeat throughout the day.

camera bag.jpg