Fortkentdad

Credit due to Dogwood Photography

52 Week Photography Challenge ~ Dogwood Photography
QTR 1.jpgQTR 2.jpgQTR 3.jpgQTR 4.jpg

Fortkentdad

Re: FKD's version of Dogwoods 52 - Week Two - The Landscape

DSC_6339 -2sm.jpg
Week Two - A Landscape with sky

Not much else is said about what type of landscape but i had some fun - not as cold as it looks - only about 22 below - could be worse.
Grabbed the 5100 for this winter walk with the 35 1.8 Nikkor prime as my lens of choice for today - just because.

Attachments

• DSC_6336_panorama.jpg
    DSC_6336_panorama.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 134

Fortkentdad

Week Three - something red Re: FKD's version of Dogwoods 52

Instructions read:
Artistic: RedShoot whatever inspires you. Red should be the focus of the image. Don't be afraid to be creative.

SMr DSC_4082 -1-red chairs-0001-2016-01-10T15_08_40.jpg

Waiting for warmer days

Fortkentdad

week 3 Someone else's head shot portrait DSC_4735 .jpg
Week FOUR Entry

A 'head shot" of someone else. Well in this case two heads are better than one - "Nana and the Newborn Grandson"

Yep I'm a new grandpa - and that's my excuse for being a bit tardy with week three - been out of town meeting the newest member of the family.

Last edited:

Fortkentdad

Congratulations,that must mean you need a new lens :D

I was so tempted to buy a 85mm prime to take new born pictures - but my dear wife pointed out I bought the 50 mm prime when grand daughter was born two years ago and it still does great baby pictures (and it did). But I tried that line . . ......

Fortkentdad

Ok - Week Five: A Landscape: Black and White
Looking for some great contrast - well grey sky and white snow covered ground almost make this shot B&W naturally. This is a panorama of about five portrait oriented shots to get this wide wide landscape.

Shot a couple of miles from my home

Week5 BW Landscape.jpg

Fortkentdad

blocks sm DSC_6074 -1.jpg

Week Seven
A photo story without showing the face ....
This one had me stumped.
Running late and not happy with any of my efforts

There is a story here.
My grand daughter playing with a new set of building blocks I made for her.

. . . not exactly "nailed it" but sometimes one goes with what you have.

Fortkentdad

A panorama - well I do these all the time, bit tricky this week because my main PC was not accessible. Used MS free ICE to do this one. Shot with my old 200-400 Tammy while out bird

lara hut _DSC6783_stitch 10mb.jpg

Really downsized 56% to get under 10mb about a dozen FX images stitched into one.
Taken at the L.A.R.A. Lakeland Agricultural Research Association aqua-farming demonstration pond near Fort Kent, Aberta

Fortkentdad

WEEK 9Artistic: ShadowsThe opposite of light is dark, the absence of light is shadow. Interpret this into a masterpiece.
PC Board Shadows_DSC6952 -2.jpg
This one took some thought and tinkering