Promoting Services

jayne

I'm looking for help on how to promote print services.

I am a photographer, and I have a large format printer (the largest inkjet available) that I got for my own needs, and decided to offer the service to other photographers. I'm involved with a couple photography groups in my area, and would like to get it known that printing their photos is something I can do.

How do I bring it up to other photographers that I can print their photos at any size? Without being a "pushy salesperson" and putting people off? I want to be the person that the photographer thinks of first to print their photos, not the nag they saw at the last meeting.

How do I approach other photographers that are not a part of the photography groups I attend?

Thank you!
~Jayne

Will V|Photography

Keep in mind I have ZERO experience with printing or promotion as a printer...

I'd say make up some business cards and attend as many Art Fairs/Shows/Festivals as possible (I know there are many in CFL). Walk around and just chat up everyone with a photography booth. Be nice, friendly, and courteous. Then hand them your card and move on to the next person. You aren't direct competition for photographers (unless they have there own printing company) so there should be no awkwardness.