RON's 52 in 2016 project

RON_RIP

Well I survived last year only slightly worse for wear so I will attempt another project this year. Same rules apply, which is that i will post only what interests me on any given week and i will not follow a list but will certainly snitch a theme whenever I choose. I am old and old people can do whatever they want.
Will try to move out of my comfort zone this year to at least a small degree and may even try a daring thing or two. A lot of my emphasis this year will be on macro photography and trying to master my Nifty 60 although do not expect to see many bugs. So here we go _AAA6816 - Version 2.jpg

Blacktop

Well I survived last year only slightly worse for wear so I will attempt another project this year. Same rules apply, which is that i will post only what interests me on any given week and i will not follow a list but will certainly snitch a theme whenever I choose. I am old and old people can do whatever they want.
Will try to move out of my comfort zone this year to at least a small degree and may even try a daring thing or two. A lot of my emphasis this year will be on macro photography and trying to master my Nifty 60 although do not expect to see many bugs. So here we goView attachment 192773

Would a rule about having no rules qualify as a rule? :indecisiveness:

RON_RIP

Combining two disciplines. My latest woodworking effort_AAA6836.jpg
Can be used frontward or backward_AAA6840 - Version 2.jpg

Have not yet given it a name, may just wait for the buyer to do that, it is, buy the way, for sale. Just saying

RON_RIP

Scouting new location at Union Dale Cemetery for my next Monday morning thread. This is the first possible location I am looking at. Large sweep of lawn and the sun will come up just over the top of this hill. Still playing with focal length and settings._AAA6885 - Version 2.jpg

RON_RIP

Took another run at these Lillies of the Valley. Such a sure harbinger of Spring but they do not last very long and already are disappearing from here_AAA7189 - Version 2.jpg

Another sure sign of Spring are new leaves on many shrubs_AAA7197 - Version 2.jpg

wthorson

And another look at same orchidView attachment 201870
Ron, I like both shots of the orchid. Is this the same one that you took with your cell phone? The D7000 looks a lot better. Did you get a 60mm Macro? You got some really good shots of the orchids, it is really hard to get the whole flower in focus because the lens is so shallow in depth of field. That is what I always struggle with when I get really close up macro shots.

RON_RIP

Ron, I like both shots of the orchid. Is this the same one that you took with your cell phone? The D7000 looks a lot better. Did you get a 60mm Macro? You got some really good shots of the orchids, it is really hard to get the whole flower in focus because the lens is so shallow in depth of field. That is what I always struggle with when I get really close up macro shots.
Same orchid moved to a different spot and I do have the 60mm D now which is rapidly taking the place of my nifty 50. I also used the built in flash and a diffuser.